New Handgun...

Ajohnson0587

Back in October I had my gun dealer order me a Sig Sauer P226 Legion SAO, well it finally showed up last week. Well worth the wait! This is my first Sig and I must say it was definitely worth $1100, it has everything needed in a pistol with the exception of a threaded barrel, To say I'm happy with this purchase is an understatement. I also picked up a Ruger 10/22 take down that I've ordered a bunch of parts for, once they all come in I'll be posting that as well. I have spent way too much this month on guns, I wouldn't have it any other way!:biggrin2:

Dub

Great Sig.

I was in a local shop earlier this week and looking at Sigs.

It was the first time I'd been able to examine one of the Legion series. They had both a P229 and P226 Legion DA/SA models in stock.

I have to admit that prior to seeing them I was suspect of the uncharges for the Legion series being a bunch of hype.

After playing around with it I see what you are getting for the extra coin. The nice G10 grips, those new X-Ray sights and the Grayguns enhanced SRT trigger are all really nice features that more than cover the upgrade costs.

The new beavertail is nice, too. It felt good in hand yet is smaller than than the ones on some of their other P-Series guns.

That is a really nice Sig you bought. Looking forward to seeing your range results with it. I've yet to try a P-Series with the SAO trigger....interested in seeing how it runs for you.

Ajohnson0587

Great Sig.

I was in a local shop earlier this week and looking at Sigs.

It was the first time I'd been able to examine one of the Legion series. They had both a P229 and P226 Legion DA/SA models in stock.

I have to admit that prior to seeing them I was suspect of the uncharges for the Legion series being a bunch of hype.

After playing around with it I see what you are getting for the extra coin. The nice G10 grips, those new X-Ray sights and the Grayguns enhanced SRT trigger are all really nice features that more than cover the upgrade costs.

The new beavertail is nice, too. It felt good in hand yet is smaller than than the ones on some of their other P-Series guns.

That is a really nice Sig you bought. Looking forward to seeing your range results with it. I've yet to try a P-Series with the SAO trigger....interested in seeing how it runs for you.

What got me interested was the trigger and the grips! This gun doesn't look like much unless you are into guns. Even the feel of the gun itself in you hand feels good, it just feels right. I bought this gun just off of research too, never held one since no one had then instock. The stores that did I didn't even bother going to look at it since they were all asking $1300+.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

What got me interested was the trigger and the grips! This gun doesn't look like much unless you are into guns. Even the feel of the gun itself in you hand feels good, it just feels right. I bought this gun just off of research too, never held one since no one had then instock. The stores that did I didn't even bother going to look at it since they were all asking $1300+.

$1,300 is what they were asking in the local store, too.

I've not tried the SAO.....guessing it'll run like a Hi-Power ???

Should be an accurate weapon.

Those sights were about the best I've ever seen on a handgun. They'd be great for aging eyes at a dim indoor range.

Ajohnson0587

I refused to pay the mark up and had my dealer order on directly from Sig, I took 4 months but I paid $1,148 out the door. The sight are amazing, to me they are brighter then the Trijicon HD's that I have installed on all my other pistols.

Dub

I refused to pay the mark up and had my dealer order on directly from Sig, I took 4 months but I paid $1,148 out the door. The sight are amazing, to me they are brighter then the Trijicon HD's that I have installed on all my other pistols.

Yup....Trijicon HD (orange) on my main carry gun.

I really like them.....but I like those Sig X-Ray sights better....much better.

You are going to be well served with that one.

pdsniper

I bought a Sig 226 from a a team mate that I worked with at my PD
he's retired now and every gun he has looks like new and he gave me a fantastic deal and I truly love the gun and it shoots fantastic

Dub

Any range reports yet on this beast.

As a fan of the 1911....the SAO trigger on that Legion has my interest.

Dub

I bought a Sig 226 from a a team mate that I worked with at my PD
he's retired now and every gun he has looks like new and he gave me a fantastic deal and I truly love the gun and it shoots fantastic

Agreed.

I've got one as my nightstand gun........and another by my recliner.

I like the way they run. Nice heft to them....great handguns.