Cz 527 carbine

sghoghunter

Has anyone got a cz 527 carbine in 7.62x39? Saw one in a pawn shop the other day and the guy told me in was a custom built gun but I didn't know any better at the time but I do like the looks of it

sghoghunter

I'm thinking he said custom only because he wasn't sure about it. I got out in the truck and googled it. Does it shoot steel and brass case well?

GA native

I've been in deep lust with the 527 for a while now. Read a dozen reviews, everyone loves it.

And for those who say a 7.62x39 won't reach out very far:
<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.25%"></div>

GregoryB.

Don't think it's a custom (may have some custom scratches). It's on there website as a current production gun. I too thought about this gun with its relatively inexpensive ammo compared to other calibers.

treemanjohn

Banned
There's nothing custom about it but it's a fine shooter. I've had one for a long time and it's very accurate. It's very light and shoots any 7.62x39 ammo. It's quite a deer and hog gun

Bill Mc

I have one. As with most of m rifles, I shoot handloads. Good little rifle, and the 527 all have the single set trigger.

Darien1

I have two. One in 7.62X39 and one in .223. They are the most fun rifles I own. The 7.62 is my last rifle that will ever be sold. It is designed to shoot the steel ammo and it does it very well. Shoots brass great too. Get it, get it, get it. Get 2 or 3. Great rifle. Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
I strongly recommend that you pass on it. It will lead you on a quest for all things CZ.
Now which shop did you say it was in?

Bill Mc

I strongly recommend that you pass on it. It will lead you on a quest for all things CZ.

Yep, I only have 3.

sghoghunter

Oh I'm going to get me one for sure. I love the looks and feel of it but thinking about buying a new one rather than giving $450 for a used one

Darien1

I should have mentioned that I have those two 527 Carbines and I liked them so much I bought the 550 full stock rifle in 6.5X55.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Oh I'm going to get me one for sure. I love the looks and feel of it but thinking about buying a new one rather than giving $450 for a used one

They are hard to find and usually run $650 or so, making that a pretty good buy.

Alan in GA

I removed the barrel off my CZ527 7.62x39, and turned off the rear open sight swell off the barrel. in the lathe. Then installed it in a CZ 527 American stock that was on a CZ American 527 in .221FB for better scope/eye alignment. I've shot several same chambered CZ's owned by a custom rifle maker. Wanted to see if any factory barrels were worth keeping in 7.62x39 before removing and rebarreling to 6.5 Grendel.
Most shot 1 1/2" at 100 yards with factory ammo.

Second photo shows all that's left of the rear sight dovetail when 'dog knot' is turned off even with barrel OD.

Attachments

• 7.62x39 American CZ.jpg
    7.62x39 American CZ.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 269
  • CZ 527 American 7.62x39 004.jpg
    CZ 527 American 7.62x39 004.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 284

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
I removed the barrel off my CZ527 7.62x39, and turned off the rear open sight swell off the barrel. in the lathe. Then installed it in a CZ 527 American stock that was on a CZ American 527 in .221FB for better scope/eye alignment. I've shot several same chambered CZ's owned by a custom rifle maker. Wanted to see if any factory barrels were worth keeping in 7.62x39 before removing and rebarreling to 6.5 Grendel.
Most shot 1 1/2" at 100 yards with factory ammo.

Second photo shows all that's left of the rear sight dovetail when 'dog knot' is turned off even with barrel OD.

Do you want to part with the original stock?