New Academy Sports on the way!

GaMudd

I just read that there are going to build a new Academy Sports on Hwy. 124 in Snellville. It's going in at the corner of 124 and Janmar near the Lowes. I can't wait. I've heard great things about Academy, but just too lazy to drive up to Athens to check them out. I wonder if this will put a dent in the BPS.

Troutman3000

I just read that there are going to build a new Academy Sports on Hwy. 124 in Snellville. It's going in at the corner of 124 and Janmar near the Lowes. I can't wait. I've heard great things about Academy, but just too lazy to drive up to Athens to check them out. I wonder if this will put a dent in the BPS.

I'll let you know when it gets permitted. The plans have not come in yet and probably will be at least an 12-18 month construction.

I think it will put a dent in the BPS, besides the Dick's in Loganville there isnt anywhere else to go in the area.

pbmang

Sweet! Ive always wanted to go to Academy, but Athens is too far of a drive for me right now. I think there is one in Macon, but everytime I'm passing by I go to BPS and forget all about Academy.

coachrollo

You will enjoy Academy I quit shopping At BPS in Macon and go a little further to get to academy . There prices are so much lower. Great customer service also.

fishinbub

Academy is MUCH cheaper than BPS. Not quite as big of a selection, but they still have a TON of fishing stuff. One thing I don't like is their lack of flyfishing stuff. Just a few cheap reels and fly lines.

Cletus T.

That’s great news…..Academy is a great store and the one in Athens stepped up BIG TIME and sponsored the Sportsman Living Bass Classic held a couple weeks ago at Bear Creek. Top Notch folks who were so generous and helpful!

I got nothing but the utmost respect for them! Keep us posted Trout…..I’ll drive to Snellville to shop there!

riprap

I guess we'll just have to stick with Gable's and Natures Tacklebox over here on the west side. Academy is a fine store.

Rusty Shakleford

i miss home (san antonio) where there is an academy on every block!! (academy was started there in the early 1900's)
Georgia just doesn't have the selection I'm used to. Academy, Gander Mountain, Sportsmans Warehouse, Cabelas, & BPS

Poor Poor Fisherman

Academy in Greenville, SC

Great news!!

I visited my daughter in Greenville, SC a few weeks ago. They have an Academy and we visited that store. I was very impressed with their fishing department and the selection they offered. It was not as large as BPS but their pricing definitely looked better!! They also carried products that I have had to order via the Internet because BPS does not carry them.

I will definitely drive to Snellville to visit this Academy.

Gunny146

I like Academy, especially their crankbaits. Some look suspiciously like a Lucky Craft but are 4 bones. Having both in Macon makes my monthly Macon run a little more spendy.

Academy is awsome, I'm lucky to have one about twenty miles away and honestly I don't know what I did befor except do without and spend more money othe places. You will not be dissapointed.

waterholic

i like academy but their selection obviously isnt as good. i find that if you are buying anything in bulk that bps still is cheaper, like some more expensive hooks etc come in per 5 pack at academy but 25 pack per at bps. thats the only thing i dont like as much, i live in between the academy in athens and the bps in lawrenceville so i just go to whichever depending on what i need

MTMiller

we need one bad in northwest georgia. Marietta, Acworth, or Cartersville would be excellent. We don't have any major stores over this way. I love to visit Academy Sports.