white oaks in north georgia

FireHunter174

Some are right now both low and high. The rest are soon to follow. Talked to a guy who saw a bear climb a white oak opening morning for the acorns.

coondog96

yep, mine are starting to fall now

hunter_58

How about Elbert/Madison counties ??

weakie

I didnt find many on the ground in Gwinette/Hall county area but did see a few drop while i was in tree sat and sun

NGa.MtnHunter

Not to many white oak trees have acorns on them this year around here but the ones that do are already drop'n acorns.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
I have seen them on the ground and actively falling in North Hall, White and Southern Towns Counties. They are spotty though..... that is a good thing as far as patterning goes.

reylamb

The property I am on in South Hall has next to nothing for white oaks this year, and the reds are slim as well.

GA DAWG

The property I am on in South Hall has next to nothing for white oaks this year, and the reds are slim as well.
Its amazing how a small distance has such an effect on them..Every kind of acorn you can imagine has em here in Forsyth where I hunt..They are falling so good already..The deer have stopped coming to the feeders..

buckshed

meriwether and pike....they start usually raining down end of sep to early oct....hunted yesterday evening by 10 white oaks....squirrels were cutting on them, but they were not really falling yet

shakey gizzard

I have a white oak in my back yard that is finished dropping! Its the first to drop every year,around the 1st or2nd week in Aug.:huh:

bowbuck

In Habersham, the ones on my place are falling already since the week before bowseason. In white county and slightly higher elevation only the largest trees are dropping the younger trees have acorns but no sign of one on the ground.