The Game Changer

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Just got a new articulated streamer in the mail I ordered for striper called the Game changer. Who fishes it? Does it work well? So far, I've heard the action is amazing, but it's a pain to cast because it soaks up so much water. I'm using a 9wt so it should throw okay I think.

615groundpounder

Game changers are an amazing fly. Their action is awesome. I'm sure you bought the standard original material game changer which does tent to hold water when casting. Some newer versions of game changers are tied with different materials that pretty much shed all water while casting. Other than calling some local fly shops I'm not sure where to find them. I tie my own. I'm a big fan of the feathered game changer. Some of the new ones are tied with SF blends of material. The action of yours is still great, it just gets a little more tiresome casting due to carrying the water.

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Yeah, I got the original one in white. I guess I should look for the version with the feathers. I saw it in action on video and had to have one! Didn't know you could even fish anything on a fly rod with action like that. It's good that it won't make casting difficult, but it will probably be something I only use in select scenarios.

Latest posts