Nice Morning Spec Trip

Killer Kyle

Kyle summed it up pretty nicely. :cheers:

I suspect you're trolling, but if not: if you have to ask, you can't be made to understand. Nothing like holding a little bejeweled relic of the Pleistocene in your hand. That fish's 100x great-grandpa watched a mastodon drink out of his home pool.

Haha, he is indeed trolling. I realized that after I spent all that time typing that response! Sometimes I'm not too quick on the draw. It was still worth saying though, I guess! This post got my wheels turning. Think I'm going to head out for some specks within the next few days. Been far too long!

Last edited:

jigman29

Kyle summed it up pretty nicely. :cheers:

I suspect you're trolling, but if not: if you have to ask, you can't be made to understand. Nothing like holding a little bejeweled relic of the Pleistocene in your hand. That fish's 100x great-grandpa watched a mastodon drink out of his home pool.

Unless you have the bug for them you'll never understand. How we bust through thickets and climb mountains for a fish that hardly gets past 6 inches. It's in our blood for sure and I hope I never get away from it.

deerhuntingdawg

Amen my speck brothers!! Whenever I caught my first speck in a beautiful little mountain stream, I knew I was hooked for life. And have made some great friends to boot!!