Bushnell or B.S.A

sullivar

I am going to buy a scope for my ruger 10/22 so me and my son can do a little small game hunting. Which of these 2 scopes would you recommend the Bushnell 22 cal rimfire 3-9x scope or the BSA 4x32mm 22 Special Rifle Scope? Both run about the same price. Thanks for your help.:)

Chase Simmemon

Don't buy a BSA, those things are junk, at least the one I've got. That thing won't stay zeroed in for nothing. I've never had a Bushnell, but I would give it a try before I ever bought another BSA.

patriot15joe

I have the Bushnell 3x9x40 on my ruger 10/22. it was 37.99 at the acadmy in athens. Its a perfects scope for the gun!

crackerdave

From experience,I'd say get the best regular rifle scope you can afford - the .22 scopes are mostly junk.

Go for the bushnell for sure! I agree the BSA I had was trash. Wouldn't hold zero on a 22 at all. Guess it couldn't stand the recoil.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
Stick with a 1" tube. No matter the brand.
I have 2 BSA scopes, they have been true for the 2 years we have had them. They shoot the same today, as they did 2 years ago, with no adjustments, we shoot them quit often too.
I guess I'm the "odd ball" ;)

HUNTING GA

I went with the Bushnell 3x9x40 on my 10/22 also, and would have to say that I never second guessed my choice. It'll drive tacks or hit a flea on a gnats a** at 100yards off the bench rest with quality loads. (maybe a liitle stretchen of the truth there but it's accurate)

sullivar

my only concern about the bushnell is the length and weight over the BSA?

patriot15joe

my only concern about the bushnell is the length and weight over the BSA?

for a little kid I could see that it may make it a little heavy. in the long run its worth it. he can always rest up against a tree until he has the strength to hold it free handed. years down the road he will thank youfor getting the bigger scope. makes long shots really easy.

the length isnt an issue at all. I thought it would be to when i irst got the scope, but it only looks long because the gun is so short.

drhayes

Bushnell

I put Bushnell scopes on every rifle i own. Got them on my 10/22 and remington 700 30 06. The one on the reminton has been on there for 3 years. Take it deer hunting probably about 10-12 times a year. Haven't touched the adjustments since I sighted it in 3 years ago and it is still dead on. I won't buy anything else especially in north ga, there is no need for $300+ scopes. IMO

sullivar

I have decided to go with the Bushnell Thanks to all who replied!!!:)

Fortenberry

I like both, I had a BSA on my 338 win mag for about three years. It done fine, I took it off and its on my22 mag now

yoteaholic

bushnell- another option for a low cost scope would be Swift