Pit/Bird hunters

Jseay

I got this pup from a friend of mine from Abbeyville GA a couple weeks ago. He says she is pit and bird dog but beings I've never really seen any of these dogs do any of your pups ever turn out looking like this?
IMG00277-20100320-1143.jpg
[/IMG]

pitbull

Probably look totaly different after some worming and a couple healthy meals.

REDMOND1858

bird/bull

Looks like one to me. Heres a pic of some off my last litter. kinda look similar

Attachments

• 000_0019.jpg
    000_0019.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 595
  • 000_0020.jpg
    000_0020.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 606
  • 000_0012.jpg
    000_0012.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 604

wildlifecory

I have raised 3 litters of them and they all looked just like redmonds litter, except I never got a brindle. Wanted brindle but no luck.

LanceColeman

"Pits" come in rainbows of colors. "Bird dog can be anything from a pointer to a GSP............ well to the neighbors lil brittney spaniel.

Gonna kinda sorta be hard pressed to have a dedicated look or color unless ya got peoples that have taken specifics and line bred them like they are creating a breed.

Often wondered. if I crossed a brittney spaniel with a frenchbull dog or boston terrier. would I have a bird dog bull dog?? LOL!

Best I ever saw was a litter out of a Beaudreux bloodline pit and a GSP. dang them dogs would hunt.

Sunshine1

I have one that is an adult. Here's what he looks like: ( That pic of him from the side didn't turn out well, but he has brown flecks all over his back. Cool looking dog.:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_3055.JPG
    IMG_3055.JPG
    227.5 KB · Views: 559
  • IMG_3053.JPG
    IMG_3053.JPG
    372.4 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_3056.JPG
    IMG_3056.JPG
    302.6 KB · Views: 558
Last edited:

REDMOND1858

most bird bulls arent like 50% birddog 50% bulldog. Most have a little more bull than bird and a little bit of this and a little bit of that, kinda like a florida cur i guess you could say. I prefer to have mine with more bulldog build and look, they just work better for me that way.

tompkinsgil

florida hunter why do you want to get rid of him hes a good lookin dog must have catahoula in there with them glass eyes does he do anything?

crackercurr21

hey gil i know most of the blues eyes come from the cats, but could that be the bulldog bred into them, american not pitbull, that could throw the blues eyes? I am just curious

Scott Cain

Any dog with the gene that carries a true pie bald white can throw glass eyed dogs. Pits, Bird dogs, great danes,leopards, americans the list goes on for ever! Scott