Outdoors Without Limits

cherokee charlie

I will try to make it short.
Last week end I got invited to go on a deer hunt with an outfit called---OUTDOORS WITHOUT LIMITS--Their sub-title is-"A life changing experience." Believe me, it was.

As you might have guessed this hunt was organized for handicap people. When Todd,who is confined to a wheelchair because of a 4 wheeler accident when he was 16, invited me to go I said to Todd that I wasn't handicapped. Todd's own words, "Yes you are, Charlie, you just haven't admitted yet." I went.

Let me tell ya'll there were somewhere in the neighborhood of about 60 hunters as many guides and I am not at all sure how many land owners but I met some of the nicest folks you would ever want to meet anywhere on this earth. Most all were wheelchair confined and some had other disabilities but their spirit is what brought tears to my eyes. After coming home from this trip I will never again feel sorry for my condition. Promise.

I know that none of the folks responsible for putting on that event will ever see this but I want to commend any and all who have anything to do with this organization. I want to thank all the land owners who voluntarily donated these hunts on their land so that a handicapped person could hunt for a week-end. I want to say a special "thank you" to the people who volunteered as guides to be with each hunter and to help with all their needs. It really takes a special person to do this sort of thing. God bless all of you and thank God for the organization. OUTDOORS WITHOUT LIMITS--help them if the opportunity arises you will be a better person for it. I know.
Charlie Craft
aka Cherokee Charlie

Xrallison

That's what it's all about giving back to people and helping one another out no matter what the condition of a person is. Life gets us all busy and we sometime forget some of the most importance of life is lending a helping hand when needed. I've also been on those hunts as a guide for handicap people in wheel chairs nothing more special. I went as a guide to help wounded warriors on a hunt in Jacksonville north Carolina after my nephew was killed in afghan last oct 6th that was the most heart warming/sad day I've ever spent in the woods. The marine I got put with was a machine gunner that trained under my nephew which made our hunt even more special. And the marine that day change my life more in 3 hours in the stand then he will ever know. We was covered up with deer from day light til 10 that morning and we never stop talking about life and how the things in his had changed being confined to a wheel chair, the pure determination in that marines eyes will always stick with me. Glad you enjoyed your hunt

cherokee charlie

You sir

are one of those special people I spoke of. Thank you for your time and service to those who need help. God bless you.
CC

Arrow Flinger

It was nice to meet you Charlie. Believe me, we get as much or more from the events than the participants.

I was the Huntmaster. (I still want that Knife you had around your neck!) just kiddin
Been GPS hunting lately? hehehehe

cherokee charlie

Arrow Flinger,
Todd told me about this site yesterday. I have not been on GON for quite awhile. I have been quite busy. I really did enjoy that hunting trip. No, you can't have my knife but there is a chance you could bid on the custom knife and case that I am going to donate to Todd's benefit in June. Unfortunately I can't be there, I will be in Grant, Ala. at the Ruger Steel (22) Challenge. I am still a competetive shooter even though I can't walk very much. If they can get my guns to the line----I will shoot them. If you are ever up in this area please stop by and see me.
Cherokee Charlie
"I might not be good but I'm high as - I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -"

Owl

I'm glad for everyone who get's to meet Todd.You will not meet a stronger man than Todd.He has helped more people than any could imagine.I know this from when we were knee high,from the good to the bad.He is a inspiration to everyone around.

nkbigdog

It was nice to meet you Charlie. Believe me, we get as much or more from the events than the participants.

I was the Huntmaster. (I still want that Knife you had around your neck!) just kiddin
Been GPS hunting lately? hehehehe

Tim was a pleasure talking to you today and thank you for what you and those, that do the do!!!:flag: