This is awesome!

ChristopherA.King

There is a proposed rule change that will allow an early youth and "Mobility Challenged" turkey season which I'm sure will be the weekend before the actual season. I know that some people will not like this idea but I think it is great. If anyone can attend one of meetings for this proposal we should be there. Here is the link for the info.......http://www.georgiawildlife.com/site...ns/proposed/Public Notice_Spec Opp Turkey.pdf

Jeff Raines

There is a proposed rule change that will allow an early youth and "Mobility Challenged" turkey season which I'm sure will be the weekend before the actual season. I know that some people will not like this idea but I think it is great. If anyone can attend one of meetings for this proposal we should be there. Here is the link for the info.......http://www.georgiawildlife.com/site...ns/proposed/Public Notice_Spec Opp Turkey.pdf

This bill was originally all about the handicapped hunter and getting them access,but there was a lot added to it.

ChristopherA.King

I would like to see more access for hunting on WMA's for all of the handicapped hunters. It is really tough to find accessible spots on most of them.

Arrow Flinger

I would like to see more access for hunting on WMA's for all of the handicapped hunters. It is really tough to find accessible spots on most of them.

I would like too see that too but it seems that participation in the Disabled hunts have gotten lower and lower. One hunt has already changed and I am afraid more will follow. We need to really get the word out about the opportunities on WMA's and keep the participation up so the State will have some incentive to do more for the disabled.

FYI
For those that can't make the meetings,

Those unable to attend the hearings may submit comments on this proposed rule
electronically by email through the Division website, by telephone (770-918-6404) or by
submitting written statements, before close of business on August 2, 2013. Written
statements should be mailed to the attention of Mr. John W. Bowers at:
Department of Natural Resources
Wildlife Resources Division
Game Management Section
2070 U.S. Highway 278, S.E.
Social Circle, Georgia 30025

Jeff Raines

Agreed.....I was talking with a state rep about just that for this bill and opening up the wmas for atv's during that weekend.I had my time and 4 wheeler volunteered.
But then they attached the youth to the bill.

ChristopherA.King

Georgia is so far behind on things like this. Talked to the DNR in Illinois and the could not believe the way things are down here.