Question on swamp bears, Okee

guesswho

I recently read an article that was previously published a few years ago in GON. It was talking about hunting bears on a stand around okefenokee swamp. They said most bears are done foraging by sunrise and are already bedded down. That evening hunts are better for stand hunting, and don't waste time trying in the am. Does any of you guys have any experience or know of any bears killed in the am off of stands.

Last year I had one pass by me in the dark before sunrise, about 45 minute before. That may explain why.

NCMTNHunter

This is correct for the most part. Bear generally feed late evening and through the night. That being said I wouldn't say it's a waste of time. There is always a chance of catching one going to water or bed after daylight. If you are stand hunting in the morning it is probably not as important to hunt food sources as it is to hunt travel areas. Your odds are better in the evening but I wouldn't count the mornings out.

guesswho

thanks NCMTNhunter. I plan on hunting anyway, just thought I would ask around. Bears are new to me.

T-N-T

ON a side note- what are the bears feeding on in the swamp? I too am new to bears. And know nothing of swamp bears. I have gained a huge bit of knowledge on here about mountain bears though. Thanks for your input guys!