will they come back?

ChattNFHunter

I went for my last bow hunt of the season this evening and went to a spot that I had never been to before. I just put a pin on it on google earth and decided what the heck!? Long story short, I got there and set down and within the first hour of sitting two bears came out. the biggest one which I guessed to be atleast 200 pounds came towards me and got broadside at 20 yards. I was already at full draw when he turned and so I let her rip and I could hear I only got leaves.
The bear just jumped forward a few feet and spun around and started sniffing and easing back toward where he was originally standing when I shot. I had no clue how I could have missed at 20 yards! well, I knocked another arrow and came back to full draw when the bear was back exactly where it was for the first shot except it was facing the opposite direction. I settled the pin and sent that one too and it smacked the tree about a half a foot to the left of where I aimed and right in front of the bear. That loud thack sent em both barreling through the woods. I was shocked until I saw the little branch almost the size of my little finger shaking about 6 or 7 yards out in front of me and directly between me and where the bear was. I was a little upset.

So question is what are the chances those bears would come back tomorrow or even the next day? I know deer are pretty forgetful, but are bears about the same way? wind was perfect so they had no clue I existed.

ChattNFHunter

There were about 6 or 7 red oaks on the too if the knob but I did not see any acorns dropped on the ground. However, they did seen to be feeding or looking for food with their noses to the ground as the approached.