The Evolution of Fly Fishing

centerpin fan

I couldn't stand listening to that guy talk, so I just muted it and fast-forwarded to the end. Is the redneck shtick an act or is he really like that?

As for the technique ... whatever floats your boat.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I couldn't stand listening to that guy talk, so I just muted it and fast-forwarded to the end. Is the redneck shtick an act or is he really like that?

As for the technique ... whatever floats your boat.

What schtick? Sounds and acts like a normal guy to me. You'd fall over and die if you heard my accent, I guess. Where you from? Bahston?

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Reminds me of the old rattle fly technique. Didn't use a cork, just tied the rattle inside the mylar tubing fastened to the shank. Gil

Win1917

30 sec in and fast forwarded it too.

Throwing gear with a fly rod...Ooooo that's edgy, nobody's ever done that before facepalm:

fishndoc

Don't know if its true or not, but I recall hearing somewhere that years ago Lefty Kreh would cast bait on a fly rod.

I haven't heard that story about Lefty, but I don't doubt it a bit. Lefty seems to be anything but a fly fishing snob.

Saw him on a outdoor show once fishing for bass in tough weather. First sentence was "Only a d**n fool would try to cast a fly rod in this wind", as he pulled out a spinning rod.

Also heard him relate his "secret technique" for catching trout on hopper patterns: Catch a pocket full of grass hoppers as you are walking to the stream, and then chum the water with the live hoppers before making your cast...