2 last week

TommyGunnz

I just started hunting hogs last year. I have a buddy who's been running dogs for years and I went with him last year. He's got 6 dogs, one of which is kinda crazy but he's the main trailing dog and he's good. He'll look at you sideways at the house, but you get him out in the field and he's amazing and confident. There's nothing like seeing them dogs fly out of the truck and get to work!

Anyhow this year we're trapping too. I get a call last week because they had a big one in a trap and I have a new .30-30, so naturally we all wanted to break it in. Got down there, he's about 200 pounds. He's charging us from in the cage and that whole thing is coming up with him in it. I took a knee about 5 yards to his left and when he stood still long enough I broke that .30-30 in. 2 boxes of meat full from that fat boy, Boston Butts are amazing. Next day we got out with the dogs and they got on a 70 or 80 pounder. I haven't bought an upland shirt or pair of pants yets, I just have my insulated duck cotton canvas jacket, but it was a little too warm at that point to be wearing so I had taken it off. The hog of course runs the dogs way back up in the briar and guess who's the only idiot with a short sleeve shirt on? This guy! Anyhow, that's another box of meat, just had to pick up some rubbing alcohol on the way home. Just wanted to share that with y'all, have a blessed day!

TommyGunnz

Tough crowd

msbowhnter

:shoot::yeah:LOL, briars and cuts are part of hog hunting. Upland pants don't even last that long. Best thing I have seen is brush pants and jacket made out of heavy material, but they cost. glad you got some....

TommyGunnz

Thanks fellas. Yeah I've been looking at prices and shaking my head, not sure I'll ever pull the trigger on some brush pants or jacket but only time will tell