check out this new bullet!!

weagle

Ronald Reagan was shot 40 something years ago with a bullet of the same basic design and Rio has a similar slug. Its basically a gimmick round and the design has never sold well.

Sargent

Ronald Reagan was shot 40 something years ago with a bullet of the same basic design and Rio has a similar slug. Its basically a gimmick round and the design has never sold well.

Yeah... I am thinking that if it finds any resistance, it will fall apart pretty quickly.

wareagle700

I hope people go crazy over these. Then maybe I can buy some regular 9mm FMJ to shoot. :)

They do look pretty destructive. Like I may need gloves to load 17 rounds in a mag.

cmshoot

If you old watch the videos, you'll see that the round performances excellently when penetrating intermediate barriers (sheet steel, plywood, boards, windshields, clothing, etc).

The manufacturer contacted me and asked if I would conduct some unbiased, 3rd party testing. I said I would. The ammo shipped today. I'll post my results when I get it shot up.

Then someone here can actually make an INFORMED opinion.....but don't let that stop y'all.......never has before.

Dr. Strangelove

cmshoot said:
The manufacturer contacted me and asked if I would conduct some unbiased, 3rd party testing. I said I would.

I'm friends with the developer of this round.

cmshoot said:
Then someone here can actually make an INFORMED opinion.....but don't let that stop y'all.......never has before.

Don't know that I'd be so snarky.

cmshoot

So I'm friends with the developer, doesn't mean I'd tout his stuff if it was no good. I have too much professional integrity for that. He sent me 3 boxes of ammo and wants me to run my own tests on it, which I will do. My findings will be unbiased and factual.......but I stand by my justified snarkiness.

sleepr71

I'd like to see how it performs on various materials..especially animal carcasses. Hopefully a rd. Killed deer & wild hog or two..to see how they behave after hitting hide,ribs,muscle..you know,a real world test..through the same stuff that bad guys have :)

treemanjohn

Banned
Couldn't they come up with a better name than RIP???? All of the tacticool "solutions" are killing the public perception of law abiding gun owners

leoparddog

I did some looking around the internet b/c I thought Reagan was shot with a .22LR. He was, but it was an exploding round with a binary component, so a little different than this. The effect might be similar though.

hobbs27

I heard the latest tests are very negtive on this round, anyone know where this information came from,or where latest test results can be found? My source says it reduced a 9mm to being more like a .410 with bird shot.

cmshoot

There have been both positive and negative resulting tests with this round. Give me a little bit, I'll post a very well done favorable test that was conducted by an unaffiliated 3rd party.

Idk how much more testing you can do. It penetrated as far as a .22lr.

Uhhh - a solid point .22LR will penetrate quite a long way. LOL (but...it really will!).

I think I recognize your sarcasm. :)

And I think I recognize the marketing hype of what seems to be a completely bogus round.

And yet, a long time ago, sheeple thought that Glocks were plastic pistols that would pass through a metal detector. And the same morons probably thought that Black Talons were armor-piercing bullets.

Last edited by a moderator: