Looking for reputable Boykin Breeder

jmharris23

Our family have always had labs but we've decided to let a Boykin be our next pup. So we are in the process of looking. If you could point me to some reputable breeders I would much appreciate it.

I decided on a Boykin pup last year instead of another lab. I started going to hunt tests all around the southeast to find a well bred pup for a companion dog as well as a hunting dog. I met many good breeders/trainers at those events.

While I would not recommend a specific breeder, I would recommend attending some hunt tests/field trials, especially Boykin club events. It will help you find and pick a breeder. I would also recommend being very cautious of backyard Boykin breeders. From my experience, many of them do not do any health certifications on the sire and dam which can result in serious health problems for your pup.

I got on a waiting list to get the pup I wanted from one of the breeders/trainers I met. It took a while to get a pup, but I am very satisfied with the result. ZZ (Zoom Zoom) is now 5 months old and is an awesome pup. So far she is doing great at retrieving and being a companion.

Send me a PM and I can share more details about my search. Good luck with your search.

Water Swat

If you wanna take a ride to northeast Georgia I can show you several different good stud dog lines working. I've trained some out of just about all the better stud dogs and can lead you in the right direction to contact female owners that have bred or will be breeding soon.

Kline2054

boykins bloodline can be extremely important, as all dogs can, but even more so with the boykins

two suggestions Find a reputable stud and call them and find out what litters they have coming up. Go with a stud that has proven titles not just word of mouth that it is a good dog. an HRCH boykin for example. There are a few GRHRCH boykins right now. If you send me a PM i will be glad to discuss dogs that i think are reputable studs putting out good litters

as far as breeders go: brandywine, justducky, hollow creek, and lilly pad are reputable breeders

Kline

Kline2054

If you wanna take a ride to northeast Georgia I can show you several different good stud dog lines working. I've trained some out of just about all the better stud dogs and can lead you in the right direction to contact female owners that have bred or will be breeding soon.

and if you have the opportunity it is highly suggested to go see some of these dogs in person. Georgia is full of exceptional boykins

jmharris23

Thanks guys!