CKS should be coach of the year.

SpotandStalk

I would judge a coach of the year with how much he improved his team, while competing at a high level. I would not have a problem with Saban being the coach of they year either. He as always did a great job.

While they play in the AAC, Scott Frost had 52 players on a team that 2 seasons prior didnt win a game. He took them from winless to undefeated with a signature win over Auburn, which had far superior talent. If thats not coaching, I don't know what is.

Kirby coached in a much tougher conference but with a heck of a lot more talent. He took his team to the NCG and lost against a team with equal (maybe a little more) talent. Still a great accomplishment for any coach much less one in his 2nd year.

Both coaches have been very successful. Hadnt COTY already been decided before the Ncg? Maybe thats why Frost got it over Kirby??

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
I'd have to give the nod to Kirby by a slight margin.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Smart deserves squat. He accomplished squat.

The one coach who accomplished something is Saban.

The only game that mattered was the NC game.

If y'all want Smart to have an award buy him a second place trophy.

I do think that Smart will coach the Bulldogs to a NC sooner or later. He seems to be the real deal. When he does, he gets my vote for coach of the year.

RipperIII

I think Kiby has done a great job for sure.
he inherited some good talent, no, great talent at the skill positions, and he recruited better talent this year. He also overcame the loss of his starting QB at the first of the season so kudos to Smart.

But Give Saban his due.
9 starters, 6 on Defense out for the majority of the season and in particular...the Natty.

In the Natty:
starting right guard out
starting left tackle out
starting TE out ( most of the season)
2 starting LB's out (3 total )
2 DB's out (different packages have different starters)

2 LB's who were back for the last 2 games missed everyother game since the first game

His starting QB began to feel the pressure of expectations the last 3 games, a kid passes out on the sideline, another player goes bezerk on the sideline....all while putting in a true freshman QB and his surrounding 2's and 3's

other than his 2nd season at BAMA, this has been his best coaching effort at BAMA.

MudDucker

Staff member
Kirby got some good talent on defensive line, defensive ends and one great linebacker and that is about it. He's building the same type of elite deep talent now and that will tell the future.

Matthew6

Banned thug
i agree jim. they want something undeserved. bama beat them with great coaching and record setting accomplishment in NCs by a coach. the committee got it right. bama and saban responded. sorry that it was the dogs who suffered. but it is what it is. bama won. mutz need to stop their whining.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
i agree jim. they want something undeserved. bama beat them with great coaching and record setting accomplishment in NCs by a coach. the committee got it right. bama and saban responded. sorry that it was the dogs who suffered. but it is what it is. bama won. mutz need to stop their whining.
Gone but not forgotten!!!!!!!

brownceluse

Frost needs to come Alabama and join Saban. It’s worked wonders for other failing HC’s. Maybe come to Athens we are starting our own trend with that as well……? Who would’ve thought?