Pickled Green tomato recipe

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Does anybody have a good pickling recipe for green tomatoes? I got a thousand of them that will never beat the frost and hate to just lose them. A little hot would be nice. Most of them are about baseball size or smaller.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Don't know 'bout pickling, but I sho love 'em fried !!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
You can only eat them fried bout 3 times a day Quack.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
^^^ Trudat !!

Ask Keebs, or Nicodemus, they'll know.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I just use my pickled okra recipe.

mudracing101

The Hawtnets had some of the lil tomato's pickled one time, they were great. I wish they would send me some with Mrs. V's knife.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
The Hawtnets had some of the lil tomato's pickled one time, they were great. I wish they would send me some with Mrs. V's knife.

Dang Mud. I bout forgot about the knife. It's still in the camper waiting on a KeebsMud fest. :pop:

Last edited:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Now you know I don't have any green tomatoes this time of the year mrs Hornet. Why would wait 3 years, to tell me that you do them the same way you do your Okry and not tell me how to do your Okry

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Now you know I don't have any green tomatoes this time of the year mrs Hornet. Why would wait 3 years, to tell me that you do them the same way you do your Okry and not tell me how to do your Okry

I'll post it next time we make some pickled okry. But we have about a 3 years supply right now. :D

MOTS

I know this is an old thread, but try a website called tomatodirt.com.....it has a few green tomato recipes and a wealth of knowledge about growing, canning, etc., on tomatoes.