Weber Kettle

Dub

Every so often I'll leave the lid off after I'm done grilling. It'll get the remaining coals superhot and eventually it'll burn off all the gunked up grease from the kettle walls.

Also cleans off the grates really well, too.

Yesterday's burger cook was a good example. Kids were eating and I had time to monitor the grill and let it burn off.

Dr. Strangelove

Dub said:
As long as you take care not to scratch them up the paint on them will last for eons.

I had a regular sized Weber Kettle that I gave to my uncle for his lakehouse when I bought a BGE. He ended up using it for 20+ years before it finally just rusted out. It probably would have lasted twenty more if he had kept the ashes out of it.

Dub

I had a regular sized Weber Kettle that I gave to my uncle for his lakehouse when I bought a BGE. He ended up using it for 20+ years before it finally just rusted out. It probably would have lasted twenty more if he had kept the ashes out of it.

Every month I get the pleasure of cooking on a buddy's 34 year old Weber kettle when we go to his place to shoot pistolas, rifles and occasionally some scatterguns. We usually pause mid day for some grilled eats. :cool:

Simple grills, easy to use.....and can be dialed in to any desired temp range.:cheers:

Hornet22

ROMEO
Every month I get the pleasure of cooking on a buddy's 34 year old Weber kettle when we go to his place to shoot pistolas, rifles and occasionally some scatterguns. We usually pause mid day for some grilled eats. :cool:

Simple grills, easy to use.....and can be dialed in to any desired temp range.:cheers:

I use Pop's 1972 model he gave me ery now an agin just cause, makes things taste special :cheers:

sgtgacop

27655445_1608141512612885_4330697965633222035_n.jpg

I love my WSM 22.5, best money I spent in a long time.