Falcons Rise Up!

Coenen

The play calling sucked the whole season. It took a year to get used to Shannahan’s system and it ended up working in his second season That’s not going to be the case with Sark. He sucks
Shanahan's system has an identity. His offense is going to run the ball, or pass near the line of scrimmage until the defensive look gives them the opportunity for a downfield shot. Is Sark's system even a system? What do they do? A lot of the plays worked, but it didn't seem like they existed in the context of anything greater. The talent is there on the field, but there was no continuity from play to play and drive to drive.
No doubt. The last 4 downs were the worst play calling I've seen in my life. 2 nd to what we saw by Ga in 4th Qtr and that's saying something. LoL
Atlanta seemed to forget about Tevin the way UGA forgot about Sony. Agreed that the last 4 downs were clown shoes. There's no way in the world that those were the 4 "Best" plays in the Falcons' book. Ironically, the rollout on 4th down was the only call that I agreed with. What the heck were they even doing on 1st and 2nd? facepalm:

I feel for you guys.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I heard earlier this morning from a New York friend of mine that Atlanta was going to hire "Linda Lovelace" as their new Offensive Coordinator as she can help the Falcons from not choking during most every game !!!!!

One thing for sure, if Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Elmer Fudd, or even Goofy called the offensive plays, they would be better than the current OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR IDIOT that calls them!!!!! The entire Owner and management of the Falcons are just a bunch of TOTAL IDIOTS IN MY OPINION.

I was in Houston last year during the SUPERBOWL and NOBODY THERE BELIEVED THAT ATLANTA COULD BE SO STUPID AND TOTALLY CHOKE THE WAY THAT THEY DID.

As I sat in my front row First Class seat (the ONLY seat that I could book because of time limit factors etc), I laughed to myself as I watched basically an entire plane-load of Falcons fans boarding for the trip back home to Atlanta while moaning and groaning as they walked down the aisle to their seats. My thoughts at the time was they should have saved their money instead as this was nothing new as the Atlanta Falcons just choked once again !!!!! :D:D:pop::pop::pop:

There was practically no noise on this flight from Houston back to Atlanta either.

I WAS NOT THERE TO ATTEND THIS GAME EITHER AS I WAS THERE BECAUSE OF THE FUNERAL OF MY TEXAS GIRLFRIEND INSTEAD.

Big7

The Oracle
It's not Ryan or Jones or anyone else.

Falcons have had some of the best players at all positions over the years. Same for Hawks, Flames, Thrashers, etc..

It is the state jinx.

Think about it.

Braves won one championship.

They ALL get a good run (most years) then choke.

I will continue to pull for the Falcons just like I
have since I was old enough to know what's up.

Patriot44

Banned
It's not Ryan or Jones or anyone else.

Falcons have had some of the best players at all positions over the years. Same for Hawks, Flames, Thrashers, etc..

It is the state jinx.

Think about it.

Braves won one championship.

They ALL get a good run (most years) then choke.

I will continue to pull for the Falcons just like I
have since I was old enough to know what's up.

The good news is we can go to bed at halftime on a work night because we already know the outcome...:bounce:::ke:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I was just sitting there watching the end of the game, and as they were making that last drive, I told my wife I was just waiting on the stupid play that would end it. Then it happened they had the ball 1st and goal on the 9. Any other team with that much time left on the clock would have ran the ball a play or two to get some time off the clock. Then they throw a nearly uncatchable ball into the corner. Until they a new OC, I am done with them and I have followed them since 1966 or 67, whatever the first year was.

Big7

The Oracle
^^^^ 66..

I was three. :D

SpotandStalk

The play calling against the eagles was pathetic at best. That being said Julio is NOT and elite receiver he can't beat double and drops the ball to much. A new OC is not likely the answer but Sark never should have been hired and should be let go TODAY.. We need corners, O linemen, a more consistent #1 receiver and likely a QB.. So does every other team..

Julio had an off year but he is still one of the top 2 or 3 receivers in the league.

Coenen

I was just sitting there watching the end of the game, and as they were making that last drive, I told my wife I was just waiting on the stupid play that would end it. Then it happened they had the ball 1st and goal on the 9. Any other team with that much time left on the clock would have ran the ball a play or two to get some time off the clock. Then they throw a nearly uncatchable ball into the corner.
Right? A running play there forces Philly to use their last timeout. (Oh, by the way...)Coleman was averaging almost 8 yards per carry. They had two timeouts of their own, which meant literally the whole playbook was open. Bad ball. Shovel pass. Bad Ball. Receiver falls down. Game over. A ridiculous sequence with the game on the line.

No rub/short crossing routes? No quick slant? No toss sweep? No back shoulder throw at the pylon? I don't know if Ryan does the back shoulder thing much, but with WR's like Julio and Sanu they should be killing teams with that sort of stuff. Aside from the final play, it didn't look to me like they ran anything that they were actually good at down there. Sark needs to get into his head that professional ball isn't about surprising the opponent with the unexpected, it's about out-executing the opponent. I wouldn't be surprised if they show Sark the door, quite frankly. Maybe they'll jump in on trying to grab Mike McCoy, Uncle Arthur has the cash, and it's not like staff contracts go against the cap.

TD and his staff need to bring them a couple more pieces as well. Their draft should look kind of like:
Guy who hits the QB.
Guy who keeps the QB from getting hit.
Guy who can catch the ball from the slot.
Another guy who keeps the QB from getting hit.
Guy who helps in the running game.(D-line or Backer)
Guy who might hit the QB.
Guy who keeps the QB from getting hit.
Maybe late flyers on a speedy WR or RB that could field punts and help on special teams.

JMO.

DAWG1419

I was just sitting there watching the end of the game, and as they were making that last drive, I told my wife I was just waiting on the stupid play that would end it. Then it happened they had the ball 1st and goal on the 9. Any other team with that much time left on the clock would have ran the ball a play or two to get some time off the clock. Then they throw a nearly uncatchable ball into the corner. Until they a new OC, I am done with them and I have followed them since 1966 or 67, whatever the first year was.

X2:banginghe

turkeykirk

How come you can never tell what kind of Falcon team is going to show up for the game yet you’ve got New England who stands a good chance of repeating as Super Bowl Champions. They seem to be there close every year and the Falcons never seem to be able to perform at that same level consistently. Been let down by the Falcons too many times to count.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
The good news is we can go to bed at halftime on a work night because we already know the outcome...:bounce:::ke:

Baaaaaahhhhh ha ha ha...this is what I'll do from now on!

I should just stop watching football....the refs put me in a bad mood....I eat junk and get fatter.......then I'm dissapointed.....Why am I continuing to do this to myself??:huh:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Baaaaaahhhhh ha ha ha...this is what I'll do from now on!

I should just stop watching football....the refs put me in a bad mood....I eat junk and get fatter.......then I'm dissapointed.....Why am I continuing to do this to myself??:huh:

I can turn a game on that is in progress that doesn't involve the Falcons or the Bulldogs, and have no preference, as soon as I decide who I am gonna pull for that team goes right down the drain. Has happened 100's of time. I am a jinx.

SpotandStalk

I can turn a game on that is in progress that doesn't involve the Falcons or the Bulldogs, and have no preference, as soon as I decide who I am gonna pull for that team goes right down the drain. Has happened 100's of time. I am a jinx.

:bounce:

SpotandStalk

Im thinking you started pulling for the Saints with about 12 seconds to go last night.

Cue the "Minnesota Miracle".

BornToHuntAndFish

With OC Sark coming back for a 2nd season, reckon Falcons mgmt. are expecting future improvements similar to Shanahan's 2nd season.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/...ll-of-us/58a86e85-54d4-4058-a9a2-d2792a431afb

Dan Quinn says Steve Sarkisian coming back; Falcons' offensive struggles 'on all of us'

“I know your first question, and I’m not even going to wait for it,” Quinn said early in the press conference. “Yes, Sark is coming back in 2018.

“And we’ve done this dance before. Back in 2016, I stood in front of you and we had some conversations about Kyle Shanahan.

“To examine what was wrong with our scoring is not an indication on one play-caller or on one player,” Quinn said. “It’s on all of us. There’s plenty of plays Sark would like to have back. There’s some throws that Matt [Ryan] would like to have back. I’m sure there’s some drops from our receivers, our tight ends and our running backs that they would like to have back. And myself, some calls that I would like to have back.

“But, placing blame on one person would be wrong in this instance. And so, for me, I wanted to make sure the way we’ll get better is our execution. And, at times, we under-executed and didn’t come through when we needed to.”

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Even is you have execution, you need the right play and right scheme called to give your players a chance to execute. With a chance to go to the conference Championship game, the Falcons did neither of those and if Sark cant produce in that situation, he needs to go.

Coenen

Just say he’s coming back Quinn.
We don’t need all that gobbly gook.
Coach speak, man. They all do it. If you haven't heard Belichick's presser from yesterday, it's hilarious.

Even is you have execution, you need the right play and right scheme called to give your players a chance to execute. With a chance to go to the conference Championship game, the Falcons did neither of those and if Sark cant produce in that situation, he needs to go.
The other guy gets paid too. Sometimes you just get beat. That said, they need to establish a more clear identity on offense. To me, they had a good thing going when the offense ran more through their running backs. It seemed to help open up everything they wanted to do with their pass catchers.