Somebody kill somethin'.............

Al33

or at least start somethin'.:p

It's gettin' down right boring around this here fire.:rolleyes: I need to read about bloody arrows, dead pigs, turkeys, armadillos, trash fish, or whatever else you can talk about without without worrying about Mr. Greenjeans.:D Heck, I wanna read about your hunts even if you didn't see nuthin. If you haven't been huntin' then just start somethin', pick on somebody, make fun of me, or whatever, I just need something to make me wanna check out what's going on in here.:bounce:

1st Turkey with Trad Bow

Saturday I got my first turkey with a trad bow! My buddy called him in and he got within 10 yards and I shot him in the spine. I used a Simmons Treeshark, A.D. hammerhead shafts, Rodned Wright Stalker recurve bow and a Rancho Safari longcoat. Hope it won't be my last! Good luck to the rest of you! BCB

Lorren68

or at least start somethin'.:p

It's gettin' down right boring around this here fire.:rolleyes: I need to read about bloody arrows, dead pigs, turkeys, armadillos, trash fish, or whatever else you can talk about without without worrying about Mr. Greenjeans.:D Heck, I wanna read about your hunts even if you didn't see nuthin. If you haven't been huntin' then just start somethin', pick on somebody, make fun of me, or whatever, I just need something to make me wanna check out what's going on in here.:bounce:

starting to ramble a little arent you?:p:p:p:p:rofl::rofl::rofl:

SELFBOW

I missed a pig week before last Al. Have been bowfishing twice w no luck....that's about it for us...

jerry russell

I know a couple boys from this forum did some bowfishing and hoggin with one of them Russell boys. There was a LOT of arrows flyin, (and BB's) a lot of fun had and TWO, count them, TWO $5 bounties paid while bowfishing! I will let them tell the story... Jonathan??? James???

Last edited:

Silver Mallard

Sounds like Mr. Al is goin a little nuts! ;)

Well, I've actually put off getting a widow and am looking at a 3pc big Jim longbow. This thing came out of nowhere and just struck my fancy. Just gotta convince the wife that I need another bow.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Quote"Saturday I got my first turkey with a trad bow! My buddy called him in and he got within 10 yards and I shot him in the spine. I used a Simmons Treeshark, A.D. hammerhead shafts, Rodned Wright Stalker recurve bow and a Rancho Safari longcoat. Hope it won't be my last! Good luck to the rest of you! BCB "
Awesome!!! Congratulations Bryan

Last edited:

Allen Oliver

Saturday I got my first turkey with a trad bow! My buddy called him in and he got within 10 yards and I shot him in the spine. I used a Simmons Treeshark, A.D. hammerhead shafts, Rodned Wright Stalker recurve bow and a Rancho Safari longcoat. Hope it won't be my last! Good luck to the rest of you! BCB

Congrats Bryan. :clap:

Allen Oliver

Bryan you have got to post us some pictures of that Bird. I know that will help Al . We like the hero shots. By the way put some pictures of that minature Bow that you shooting up for everyone to look at. Its a sweet LITTLE bow.

robert carter

Its raining here and the Wife has me planting rose`s. 10 Crape myrtle trees a whole bunch of other flowers and now I gotta wash the house tomorrow. can I go back to work already..lol.RC

Al33

I'm feelin' better about this place already.:D Looks like some are holding out with their stories.:rolleyes:

starting to ramble a little arent you?:p:p:p:p:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Maybe just a little bit.:biggrin2:

I know a couple boys from this forum did some bowfishing and hoggin with one of them Russell boys. There was a LOT of arrows flyin, (and BB's) a lot of fun had and TWO, count them, TWO $5 bounties paid while bowfishing! I will let them tell the story... Jonathan??? James???
Sounds like stick and string is being a stick in the mud. Bring it Jonathan!;)

Sounds like Mr. Al is goin a little nuts! ;)
Maybe just a little bit.:biggrin2:

Well, I've actually put off getting a widow and am looking at a 3pc big Jim longbow. This thing came out of nowhere and just struck my fancy. Just gotta convince the wife that I need another bow.
Do you need me to talk to her?:D

Had 2 does at 10 yards from me......does dat count?
Of course it does but more details would be nice.:)

Bryan you have got to post us some pictures of that Bird. I know that will help Al . We like the hero shots. By the way put some pictures of that minature Bow that you shooting up for everyone to look at. Its a sweet LITTLE bow.

You got that right!!!:cool:

2wheelfoster

I have been trying. Called a big ol Tom in last Saturday. I hit the box call and just happened to look over my right shoulder and saw him coming. I bet he covered 40+ yard in about 5 seconds. That joker came running through the woods and then he came to a stop about 8-10 feet right behind me. He just stood there staring at mefacepalm:. That lasted about 10 seconds, and he decided I wasn't a turkey and he took off. :mad: . I am going to try and see if I can get back on him next Saturday afternoon if I get back from Rock Eagle early enough. 4H has it's outdoor shoot next week. Good luck to everyone!