Confirmation bias

atlashunter

The homosexual could fit into either side of that verse, according to God's predestined purpose for that individual.

Some homosexuals are called out of their darkness, while others are not.
He determined all of it before creation.

God inspires people to pray to false gods and engage in homosexual acts? I would love to see you make that argument up in the christianity forum and see how many of your coreligionists agree.

welderguy

God inspires people to pray to false gods and engage in homosexual acts? I would love to see you make that argument up in the christianity forum and see how many of your coreligionists agree.

Here's what I think you don't understand. We are cursed with a sinful nature(all of us). Our default is to sin and run away from God.James said "we are drawn away of our own lusts". It's only by His sovereign grace that any of us obtain faith to do anything right in His eyes. But, like I said, not all have obtained this faith through grace.

atlashunter

Here's what I think you don't understand. We are cursed with a sinful nature(all of us). Our default is to sin and run away from God.James said "we are drawn away of our own lusts". It's only by His sovereign grace that any of us obtain faith to do anything right in His eyes. But, like I said, not all have obtained this faith through grace.

Sounds like you're dancing around a "yes" to my question. Who gave man this sinful nature?

welderguy

Sounds like you're dancing around a "yes" to my question. Who gave man this sinful nature?

I perceive that you would love to make God a bad guy here. I do not.
God said the day you eat there of, you shall surely die. They ate, they died spiritually and guess what. A spiritually dead person can do nothing but sin... without grace.

atlashunter

I perceive that you would love to make God a bad guy here. I do not.

You made him look bad when you claimed he inspired people to pray to other gods, which presumably dooms them to be eternally tortured in the afterlife according to christianity.

God said the day you eat there of, you shall surely die. They ate, they died spiritually and guess what. A spiritually dead person can do nothing but sin... without grace.

They died after they sinned and thereby gained a sinful nature? So they gave themselves a sinful nature by way of their first sin? How did they sin in the first place without a sinful nature? And if they gave it to themselves then in what sense does god inspire people to sin?

I get the impression you're just making this stuff up as you go and haven't really thought through the implications.

Back to your original point. I don't find it miraculous at all that they turned to prayer. They were all indoctrinated from childhood to do so.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
It's not that he doesn't understand it. It is that he does not agree with your interpretation. Mainly, and I am taking an educated guess here, because you do not know anything for sure and certainly no more than the next guy.

atlashunter

It's not that he doesn't understand it. It is that he does not agree with your interpretation. Mainly, and I am taking an educated guess here, because you do not know anything for sure and certainly no more than the next guy.

I'm not saying the interpretation is right or wrong. I'm just following the implications and looking for some consistency.

swampstalker24

I remember as a child being told I was created "perfectly" in every way by god himself; a god who does not make mistakes.

Yet on sunday mornings I would sit in the pew and listen as the preacher told me the exact opposite... I was a flawed creation, imperfect, unworthy of god's kingdom.

Even as a child the dichotomy was clear as day.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I'm not saying the interpretation is right or wrong. I'm just following the implications and looking for some consistency.

Yeah, that would certainly help.