Kimber Ultra Aegis II 9mm

nick_o_demus

Don't post in here very often... But I'm excited about my newest addition. Heard some good and bad things about these little pistols but none of my other Kimbers have ever let me down. And the price was too good to pass up. Never had a 1911 in anything other than .45acp either. It will interesting to see how a 9mm cycles in this platform. From the factory the gun is slimmer, controls are melted down for easier concealment, the hammer bobbed and the trigger pull is between 4-5 lbs. I've read many reports on the tremendous accuracy of this particular model. Anyone else own or shot one? I'll file a range report soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0407 (3)2.jpg
    IMG_0407 (3)2.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 97

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I’ve been thinking about getting one myself. Can’t wait to hear your range report

nick_o_demus

I’ve been thinking about getting one myself. Can’t wait to hear your range report

Made a little time at lunch to stop by Trading Place in Monroe. The gun performed flawlessly... Zero FTE's. My first (4) 5 shot groups at 7 yards were holding 2" groups with several rounds passing through or near the same holes and many dead center using 115 grain WWB. My fifth round held much tighter at 1.5" with four shots creating a "lazy j" shape and the fifth 1.5" away, and all within the center square. Consecutive rounds yielded similar results each time. Overall Low and left holding a six o'clock sight picture.

At ten yards, and changing ammo to Fiocchi 115 grain hollow point, the groupings began to stray, but I still managed to stay within 3-4" from center, which I will attribute a little to being rushed.

After 5 rounds with the Fiocchi I needed to wrap up. At my accelerated pace I was lighting up the target with a 6" spread.

The gun shoots low and left (or do I?), but with only having 30 minutes on range and 100 rounds I did not get a chance to really get into a cycle.