Mass Publicity- What about his?

basstrkr

The Media Can Prevent Mass Murderers From Becoming Famous ...147 criminologist say the publicity only encourages others.

And... The way CNN does it every 15 minutes over and over and over as if it has just happened even 3 days later.
I know the current shooter is dead but there other warped minds listing right now.

swampstalker24

"BREAKING NEWS: Police still trying to figure out motive for mass shooting" - two weeks after shooting...

This the kinda thing you talking about? :rofl:

NOYDB

BANNED
The Media Can Prevent Mass Murderers From Becoming Famous ...147 criminologist say the publicity only encourages others.

And... The way CNN does it every 15 minutes over and over and over as if it has just happened even 3 days later.
I know the current shooter is dead but there other warped minds listing right now.

Back in the day, when TV was first made available to the general public. It was an early meme about how publicising criminals encouraged more. That if you made infamous stars out of them you'd get more. That media posting up their pics and info was counter productive.

It was ignored by the media grubbing for money.

It's even worse in the net age.

T-N-T

I agree
Also why did the shooter have an AR-15 style semi automatic gun and the good guy who fired back had a rifle.

Now I don't know if the good guy from across the street had a 30-06 deer gun or a decked out AR/M4. But heaven forbid if he did..... A black gun used for good? To defend against a terrible person doing terrible things? Oh the humanity.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
The "Good Guy" DID have an AR as well. Won't hear it reported many places but he did

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Here's another simple fact. Had most of these recent shooters been plugged when they first came on law enforcement's radar Pulse Night Club, San Bernadino and this most recent shooting WOULD NOT have happened. They all did things that IMO should have gotten them executed immediately. At some point we need to wake up and start executing these people the first time

swampstalker24

Here's another simple fact. Had most of these recent shooters been plugged when they first came on law enforcement's radar Pulse Night Club, San Bernadino and this most recent shooting WOULD NOT have happened. They all did things that IMO should have gotten them executed immediately. At some point we need to wake up and start executing these people the first time

Yea lets throw out the bill of rights so we can make ourselves feel good that we "might" be able to stop a crazy person from committing a crime. Thats liberal logic. Might as well just do away with the 2A while we are at it. :huh: :rolleyes: facepalm:

oops1

Buzzard Expert
I think he should have still been in jail for fracturing an infant's skull and beating his old lady but I may be old fashioned.

T-N-T

I think he should have still been in jail for fracturing an infant's skull and beating his old lady but I may be old fashioned.

You liberal extremest you?
I'm confused

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
I agree
Also why did the shooter have an AR-15 style semi automatic gun and the good guy who fired back had a rifle.

Now I don't know if the good guy from across the street had a 30-06 deer gun or a decked out AR/M4. But heaven forbid if he did..... A black gun used for good? To defend against a terrible person doing terrible things? Oh the humanity.

good point tnt

Cmp1

BANNED
I agree with the publicity issue,,,, Fox hasn't said his name lately,,,, said they wouldn't,,,, mistakes were made by the AF and possibly LE,,,, but it still comes down to,,,, guns don't kill people,,,, people kill people,,,,

basstrkr

Exactly

The point is this: things must be reported, but if you show it to 30 million people 24 times a day for a week I think the chances of influencing someone who may be teetering on sanity would be increased.
I offer this as a rebuttal to the argument that owing a gun increase ones chance of using it.
So I'll keep my gun in my pocket if CNN(and others) will shut up and quit making money off of someone else's tragedy.

"BREAKING NEWS: Police still trying to figure out motive for mass shooting" - two weeks after shooting...

This the kinda thing you talking about? :rofl:

basstrkr

A little restraint please.

The problem is we have people acting irrationally, the police show up and give them rational instructions, when they don't respond "rationally" we have come to think that is cause for deadly force.

Yea lets throw out the bill of rights so we can make ourselves feel good that we "might" be able to stop a crazy person from committing a crime. Thats liberal logic. Might as well just do away with the 2A while we are at it. :huh: :rolleyes: facepalm: