$4.85

little rascal

cheapo smoko.
Before somebody says it, yes the pop-up timer is not up.
Those things are junk and they fail. It was 160 in the breast and 172 in the thigh when I pulled it.

Attachments

• 000_0002_13.jpg
    000_0002_13.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 310
  • 000_0003_05.jpg
    000_0003_05.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 308

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Where'd you find a turkey for $4.85, and did they have any left?

Looks good, by the way.

little rascal

Cheap Turkeys

Food Depot, .45cents per lb.
They had two large bins full. I've seen them in the past have .39 cents per lb , closer to T-Day and after.

T-N-T

Nice

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Nice! Public's has frozen Turkeys for $.59 per pound right now

Bream Pole

Nice looking turkey. Never trust those timers. I usually pull them out before I start cooking. One thing I have tried that works is to cut the leg gtrs off and then tie back with butchers twine. When breast is ready I remove it and leave leg qtrs. I like to get the leg qtrs up to around 180-185. Take breast off at 160-165.

little rascal

Turkeys

Nice! Public's has frozen Turkeys for $.59 per pound right now
I like Publix Turkeys, usually can find a couple 10lbs or less.
One thing I have tried that works is to cut the leg gtrs off and then tie back with butchers twine.
That's not a bad way to do it, I heard a guy say he removes the drums, that must be why.
My theory is don't stuff, don't tie the drums, keep the bird open and un-obstructed and it cooks almost even.
I used to wonder why a whole deep fried chicken took longer than a 10-12 lb. Turkey? It is because the hole (body cavity) of the Turkey is larger and the oil cooks it faster from the inside and outside. Like 3.5 min per lb at 325 vs 9 min per lb for chicken.