Mechanical broad heads hit low.

ppdaazn

Anyone in lawrenceville wanna help me tune my broadhead today or know a shop i can go to get it taken care of? Missed 3 deer in 2 weeks n it hit low. Field tips hit the mark. I shoot swhacker n rage chisel tips

SWWTV

I would bullet hole your Bow thru paper tuning your Broadheads. Make sure you spin test your Broadheads also.

Kris87

For a mechanical head like one of those to hit 6" low at that range, the bow has to be severely out of tune, or you're getting fletching contact kicking the back of the shaft up a tremendous amount. I personally wouldn't even just sight those in, as penetration isn't going to be ideal with them coming out that bad. Just my $.02.

Get it fixed.

Permitchaser

Anyone in lawrenceville wanna help me tune my broadhead today or know a shop i can go to get it taken care of? Missed 3 deer in 2 weeks n it hit low. Field tips hit the mark. I shoot swhacker n rage chisel tips

Archery learning center in Lawrenceville

wera44

For a mechanical head like one of those to hit 6" low at that range, the bow has to be severely out of tune, or you're getting fletching contact kicking the back of the shaft up a tremendous amount. I personally wouldn't even just sight those in, as penetration isn't going to be ideal with them coming out that bad. Just my $.02.

Get it fixed.

Good excuse to buy a back up rig. :D

ppdaazn

Get it fixed.

Ill take a look at fletching. Field point n the broad heads hitting center line. Just about 6in lower. Ive try to lower knocking point a bit. N it looks like it line up straight but that raised the poi 2inch.

ppdaazn

Here are some images

Attachments

• received_10107415027192912.jpg
    received_10107415027192912.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 340
  • received_10107415027392512.jpg
    received_10107415027392512.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 339
  • received_10107415027387522.jpg
    received_10107415027387522.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 338

Kris87

I know this is going to sound counterintuitive, but its that arrow rest coupled with the one cam system on that bow. I'd bet that you don't need to lower the nocking point, but actually raise it. I've seen it a bunch with a whisker biscuit style rest. A one cam bow has natural downward nock movement from the string. The arrow is likely bouncing up from that rest, since it doesn't fall out of the way. I fixed one not too long ago doing the same thing. It had about a 2" high tear(which a high tear is what you have for broadheads to be off that far). I fixed it by actually raising the nocking point to where it didn't bounce any longer. If you were close, I could fix it for you. Good luck.

ppdaazn

I know this is going to sound counterintuitive, but its that arrow rest coupled with the one cam system on that bow. I'd bet that you don't need to lower the nocking point, but actually raise it. I've seen it a bunch with a whisker biscuit style rest. A one cam bow has natural downward nock movement from the string. The arrow is likely bouncing up from that rest, since it doesn't fall out of the way. I fixed one not too long ago doing the same thing. It had about a 2" high tear(which a high tear is what you have for broadheads to be off that far). I fixed it by actually raising the nocking point to where it didn't bounce any longer. If you were close, I could fix it for you. Good luck.

Are you home now? Im actuallly close by watkinsville atm

ppdaazn

Come to think of it, i actually remember the arrow was pointing down slightly instead of levelled before i change the string

Kris87

I'm not home, sorry. I'd experiment with lowering the rest some...it'll be easier than raising your loop. Of course, its going to shoot lower, but field points and broadheads should start hitting together, then just re-sight.

BowanaLee

Here are some images

In the vertical picture on right, it looks like you have fletching contact with your rest. Its easily fixed by turning your nock until the fletching aligns with the spaces between the arrow contacts on your rest.
Some re fletched arrows may not align perfect. Just give and take until you get the best clearance you can or use another arrow. I'm more partial to drop away style rests. Just a thought.

ppdaazn

Chris, you sir are a savior!! I just twist the d loop up and the arrow is slightly pointing down and the field tip is touching the broadhead arrow out at 35yard!

The fletching actually cleared of the rest. No contact at all. Must be the angle of the picture.

Thank you so much everyone!! Now im ready to lay down some venison!!