Texas church shooter was a militant atheist

atlashunter

From a little reading I do not see where the bible condones slavery.

The verses have already been quoted in this thread.

Slavery I read about is not as it was where blacks were captured and forced into slavery. Slavery was a means of getting money by selling yourself to cover a debt or take care of family.

This is a particularly ignorant claim to make considering the bible contains stories of Israelites taking virgin sex slaves as the spoils of war when they didn't murder every man, woman, and child in a city they conquered as a sacrificial offering to Yahweh.

The bible even states in the OT Exodus 21:16 And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death. Then move over into the NT 1 Timothy 1:8-10
8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 For *****mongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
I just do not see slavery in the bible as slavery that we know of and understand in 2017

Exodus 21 is putting forth the rules for holding and treatment of slaves. Rather than being a prohibition of enslavement the verse you just quoted is a legal protection for slave owners against the theft of their human "property".

Chapter 6 of Timothy instructs slaves to respect and serve their masters.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
The verses have already been quoted in this thread.

This is a particularly ignorant claim to make considering the bible contains stories of Israelites taking virgin sex slaves as the spoils of war when they didn't murder every man, woman, and child in a city they conquered as a sacrificial offering to Yahweh.

Exodus 21 is putting forth the rules for holding and treatment of slaves. Rather than being a prohibition of enslavement the verse you just quoted is a legal protection for slave owners against the theft of their human "property".

Chapter 6 of Timothy instructs slaves to respect and serve their masters.

Its hard to find when a person refuses to look.
Cherry picking at it's finest for jseph

Israel

BANNED
A man must obey that to which he is a slave. Otherwise he is a rebel.

How can a man know who he is unless he is made to see what he does not want to be?

As Moses lifted the serpent in the wilderness, so must the son of man be lifted up.

atlashunter

Israel I don't know if you have offspring but if you do I really hope your advice to them would not be that if they are ever kidnapped they must be respectful and obedient to their captors lest they be a rebel.

Israel

BANNED
Israel I don't know if you have offspring but if you do I really hope your advice to them would not be that if they are ever kidnapped they must be respectful and obedient to their captors lest they be a rebel.

How much a man shows of himself, must show of himself even in all he deems hypothetical.

atlashunter

ambush80

Both were still basically a "philosophy" evidenced by nothing more than one man's opinion.

I could write volumes on the belief in purple flying elephants and back them up by my own personal accounts. The saddest part about that, in today's modern society and with the tools available to spread this word on the internet, I would immediately get a following of faithful believers.

..And no matter how many times you tell them that flying purple elephants don't resurrect from the dead they won't listen. What does that tell you about people who have faith based beliefs?