11/17/17 Lanier-spooning

Kestas69

Spoon was the winner again. Caught few on worm also, but spoon fish was bigger.

Attachments

• 42B2BCDE-20CB-421F-881D-0771FC5CA44C.jpg
    42B2BCDE-20CB-421F-881D-0771FC5CA44C.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 716
  • D8030B08-FAD9-4AA8-AE8E-68D243DD7F6E.jpg
    D8030B08-FAD9-4AA8-AE8E-68D243DD7F6E.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 722

Lanier Jim

Good stuff right there!

TroyBoy30

you inspired me. the catfish are lovin the spoon though

snp1118175041_zpsfjnwafw2.jpg

snp1118171332_zpstc1an62b.jpg

Coenen

you inspired me. the catfish are lovin the spoon though
....and frying pans love the catfish! :cheers:

Looking like I'll be able to fish a bit Thursday, might have to pull the bait spread and drop the spoon a little. A few questions for those of you having success: What's the technique like? Do you guys use a lift, or more of a pop? Is it one smooth pull, or do you stutter? Is it better to start working it aggressively, and slow it down, or start subtle, and then turn it up?

Never had much luck with a spoon before, but those results are hard to ignore!

TroyBoy30

Haven’t caught one yet lately. Love your last picture:) That should be named methodical spooning technique:)

:)

its hard to explain...i guess it's more of a fast lift than a pop. some days they do like a different lift though. some days a short hop and other days a big hop. you can see it in that first screen shot. hop hop HOP hop hop lol

Last edited:

Kestas69

....and frying pans love the catfish! :cheers:

Looking like I'll be able to fish a bit Thursday, might have to pull the bait spread and drop the spoon a little. A few questions for those of you having success: What's the technique like? Do you guys use a lift, or more of a pop? Is it one smooth pull, or do you stutter? Is it better to start working it aggressively, and slow it down, or start subtle, and then turn it up?

Never had much luck with a spoon before, but those results are hard to ignore!

Boat control and staying on top of the fish, being where you need to be is very important. Keep your eyes on the sonar screen 100% of the time. Watch your spoon and how fish reacting to what you are doing. Adjust as needed.