Jekyll Island or St. Simon pier

Khondker

Heading that way to meet family frainds, want to spend one whole day for pier fishing, would like to know which pier is most productive - Jekyll Island pier or St. Simon pier, target fishes are croaker, whiting, trout, flounder and red drum. I will buy live bait from Jekell Island Bait Shop (have read online that they sell live mud minnow and shrimp).

Thanks is advance.

--------------

WalkinDead

Banned
My wife and I have been catching bull reds (up to 46"), big black drum (8-12 lbs.), several varieties of sharks (some of which we couldn't even slow down), whiting, croaker, trout, large rays, and skates lover the last two weeks. Primary baits have been fresh dead shrimp, cut mullet, and lady fish (caught while seining for shrimp at St. Andrews). The bull reds are running good right now. All were caught at Jekyll Island pier. Can't say what has been going on at St. Simon's pier, haven't fished it lately, but would assume things are about the same there as it is just across the bay and closer to the entrance with deeper water off the pier.
Hope this information is helpful.

Khondker

My wife and I have been catching bull reds (up to 46"), big black drum (8-12 lbs.), several varieties of sharks (some of which we couldn't even slow down), whiting, croaker, trout, large rays, and skates lover the last two weeks. Primary baits have been fresh dead shrimp, cut mullet, and lady fish (caught while seining for shrimp at St. Andrews). The bull reds are running good right now. All were caught at Jekyll Island pier. Can't say what has been going on at St. Simon's pier, haven't fished it lately, but would assume things are about the same there as it is just across the bay and closer to the entrance with deeper water off the pier.
Hope this information is helpful.

Very helpful information, thanks a lot.