Monday morning fun w/pics

Scout'nStripers

I literally wore the paint off my Sebile this morning..LOL
When I painted those Sebiles I bought I just painted over the original paint job and sealed it with 2 part epoxy for extra weight for sinking and to see how long it would last. It held up through 3 stripers and several bass before the new paint job started chipping and peeling off around the hook areas. I ended up with 4 nice stripers and a limit of bass. I caught the first striper on a popper and the rest of the fish came on the Sebile I painted up last Friday. Water temps were around 67-68 when I left the lake around 1pm. I got out at 8am. It was a fun morning! Here's a few pics...

Attachments

• Fall6.jpg
    Fall6.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 880
  • Fall8.jpg
    Fall8.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 875
  • Fall11.jpg
    Fall11.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 1,091
  • fall12.jpg
    fall12.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 878
  • Fall9.jpg
    Fall9.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 878
  • fall3.jpg
    fall3.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 880
  • fall1.jpg
    fall1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 878
  • fall4.jpg
    fall4.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 881

Coenen

You figure that little bit of ripple on the water made a difference? It was flat out yesterday, and tough sledding almost all the way through for me.

Lot of pressure yesterday, too. Boats everywhere. I'm sure that was also a factor.

Scout'nStripers

You figure that little bit of ripple on the water made a difference? It was flat out yesterday, and tough sledding almost all the way through for me.

Lot of pressure yesterday, too. Boats everywhere. I'm sure that was also a factor.
It was glassed over completely when the biggest schooling occurred. I got some insane schooling video. I've got some pretty cool video of every one of those fish in the pictures. The amount of fish in that area was unreal. I haven't trimmed the video stuff yet but I looked at some of the schooling and catching in the video and there is some good stuff in there. Once the wind picked up I caught a few in the choppy water over humps but the bite just died off around lunch. Best bite was from 8-11am (cloudy).

Lanier Jim

Like I said on our facebook....I checked my phone....no missed calls or text messages. Just sayin :) Sounds like a fun day.

Scout'nStripers

Like I said on our facebook....I checked my phone....no missed calls or text messages. Just sayin :) Sounds like a fun day.
Jim, it was pretty foggy where I was at. I figured it would have been a navigational hazard for you. Don't let the pictures fool you, it was foggy or I would have called.

Lanier Jim

I smell something and it stinks Jim :) I see that white magic swimmer you painted up worked pretty good.

Scout'nStripers

I smell something and it stinks Jim :) I see that white magic swimmer you painted up worked pretty good.
It worked pretty good but I need to make some repairs. I also painted up 3 different styles of jerkbaits in the same color but never tied one on yesterday. I'm kinda wondering if they would work. Those stripers were getting with it and just hammering schools of threadfin shad and bluebacks. I saw small groups of larger bluebacks and large groups of small bluebacks swimming on the surface over deep water and big threadfin balls working their way down the bank. I think these stripers are feeding up for winter right now. I had the whole place to myself and when I caught 1 striper the school would freak out and scatter but they would school back up after 10-15 minutes and I could get another one.

Lanier Jim

We saw that the other day...and saw/caught some decent big spots in those schools. Big dark backs coming out of the water. Good stuff -

Teh Wicked

I had the whole place to myself and when I caught 1 striper the school would freak out and scatter but they would school back up after 10-15 minutes and I could get another one.

Same thing happened to me on Saturday, they would get up on the surface, and being in a Kayak I was able to slip right up on them fairly easy, but soon as you caught one they rest would sound for about 15-20 minutes.

Scout'nStripers

Did you paint them white or were they white and you painted over them??
The original color pattern was greenback ghost. I painted a pearl white color over that pattern.

Same thing happened to me on Saturday, they would get up on the surface, and being in a Kayak I was able to slip right up on them fairly easy, but soon as you caught one they rest would sound for about 15-20 minutes.
I know. I'm convinced they sound the alarm when one gets hooked. It's almost like they release an alarm pheromone and scatter for a while. Here's a video I made earlier and you can hear the big school of stripers quit surfacing as soon as I hooked up with that striper. It was like someone flipped a switch.

SouthGa Fisher

I ran into a few last Sunday on the kayak, with the same result. Had one smoke a swimbait and as soon as it happened they went down. That was my first Lanier striper, and I'm not sure I've ever felt a fish hit a bait like that. Also got into a hybrid or two around the Lanier Point area.