Coosa River Catfishing

Legeance

Does anyone here fish for catfish on the coosa? I heard it was pretty good for larger cats so any recommendations on where to fish at?

ryork

You can put in at Lock and Dam Park just southwest of Rome and go down river from there.

Legeance

Thanks I didn't know there was a map for it, I was trying to search on google maps and only saw one which I thought was kind of weird. Would anyone recommend any areas to put in and fish around?

warronl

There's a boat ramp every 10 miles or so on the Coosa. Starting at the Levy downtown Rome, then the Lock & Dam Ramp. The next Ramp is Old River Road. Approximately 10 miles from the Old River ramp is Brushy Branch. GREAT catfishing on nearly every stretch. I caught my Personal Best near the Levy, but the sections from Lock and Dam to Brushy has produced some GREAT fish! If you ever have an empty seat let me know. Good Luck Sir.

fishbum

There's a boat ramp every 10 miles or so on the Coosa. Starting at the Levy downtown Rome, then the Lock & Dam Ramp. The next Ramp is Old River Road. Approximately 10 miles from the Old River ramp is Brushy Branch. GREAT catfishing on nearly every stretch. I caught my Personal Best near the Levy, but the sections from Lock and Dam to Brushy has produced some GREAT fish! If you ever have an empty seat let me know. Good Luck Sir.
Warren, just wondering about the fishing on the coosa this time of year? Been striper fishing now for saveral years and thinking of trying some new stuff. Thanks

Latest posts