another new bow ?

lung deflater

I'm im brand new to this fourm and this is my very first post so this is what i got im looking to buy a brand new bow iv never had one iv allways had hand me down are pawn shop piece together bows cheap sights and so on I'm currently shooting a Matthews legacy that iv had for about 3 years that a buddy let me make payments on and I really like it but I think its my turn and I'm finally in a place to get a brand new one and iv been looking at the elite bows what do y'all think of them and does anybody know who sells them close to Athens ga so I can go shoot a few thanks in advance for any in put

lungbuster123

Elite makes some great bows. To my knowledge there are no dealers around Athens so you'll have to drive to shoot some. Honestly I would recommend shooting some and then buying a used one off AT or somewhere. They have a lifetime transferable warranty so even if you buy a used one it's covered and you can get newer models while saving money. Don't hesitate to get out and shoot though....I would say shoot as many different bows as you can eventually there will be one you can't put down and is calling your name.

lung deflater

Yea I'm planing on trying to shoot as many as possible I really don't care about brands that one has just cought my eye with the reviews iv read

countryboy27012

Welcome to the forum, lots of good advice on here.

Elite makes some good stuff, But shoot as many as you can before you drop some cash on one. You can usually find some good reviews on Youtube if you find a model you like.

Let us know what you decide on! Good Luck!

MathewsArcher

I wouldn't go with elite. I havn't personally shot an elite, but have not heard great things about them.

I shoot mathews. I shoot a Monster 7 for hunting and a Apex 8 for tournaments. I have heard great things out of the Monster 8. I have never felt a bow as light as the Mathews Heli. It is the lightest bow I have ever held. I haven't been able to shoot it yet, but i'm looking foward to it. If you shoot any tournaments at all the Monster 8 is the way to go. The Monster 8 is a good bow the hunt with, and it is a great tournament bow.

Hope this helps.

So if I were you I would stick to buying a good Mathews. There is a dealer in Gainsville that you could go and check some out. The Outdoor Depot.

lungbuster123

x3 dear lord ive herd it all now....a Mathews shooter recommending not to buy a PSE or Elite because he has herd "not great things" about both. Who would have ever thought it. Seriously though guys you should know buying a Mathews will make all the big bucks come to you and put you in first place at any tournament you ever shoot.

OP I would urge you to watch the source you get your info from also.

hogman1

X2 with Lung Buster. As you can tell by my signature I shoot a Elite...mainly because I fell in love with the wall and the feel of the bow to fit my needs. I love it. I shoot a GT500. Which many have said to be the best all around bow for a number of years. Now would I go with that info???? not necessarily because I havent shot every bow on the market. Also like Zack said.....transferrable lifetime warranty. You buy my bow used and the lifetime warranty comes with it. Which is also another reason I bought mine used the year after it came out from AT for real cheap....just sent it to Strict 9 strings for a tune and he made sure it was to spec.....Shoots perfect. Elite is a great bow manufacturer. I pride in owning one! Good luck in your search for a bow. You wouldnt be disappointed by Elite!

lung deflater

Update so far shot some pse bows and hoyt the hoyt vecter or vector I think was feeling really good it felt good in my hand smooth draw and when it stoped it stoped no wiggle room for over draw like my legacy thers still a few more I want to shoot and I deffently want to shoot an elite but can't find a dealer

gfr231

The best I could give it appears you are already doing. Shoot as many as you can and pick the one that screams your name. We all have different preferences. So naturally by Mathews might not fit you like a PSE or a hoyt.

SCDieselDawg

Dont count out Alpine. I sold my Mathews z7xtreme to buy a Alpine F1 fireball and havent felt bad about it yet. My cousin also sold his monster and became a Alpine dealer.

bamaboy

Love my Alpine Ventura! IBO - 319fps, 4.3lbs, 36" axle to axle. Don't count them out. I owned a 2000 BuckMasters bow (bought it used) and went out to start my search for my 1st new bow and tried a Hoyt Catera, Mathews solo cam, Bowtech Assasin,and fell in love with the Assasin and someone told me to check out the Alpines and I did. I love my Ventura,it is super super quiet, very accurate and at my draw length and draw weight it is shooting 283fps. But follow the advice above and shoot, shoot and shoot more bows to see what fits you.If you need to - travel a little ways to shoot a bow if you want to and can't find that brand of bow dealer close to you.But give Alpine a chance!

mr_aaron_ricks

Have you tried any bow tech bows yet? I really like bow tech myself but that is just what works for me. The people who really know what there talking about are the one's who are telling you to shoot as many bows as you can. An find what fits you man. What all stores have you been to an shoot bows at?

hogman1

where you at in GA? You can come shoot my Elite any time youd like.

I shoot a bowtech destroyer 340.. I wouldn't over look a bowtech !! Like all said try them all pic what u like for you

dgmeadows

Most all of the known manufacturers make good stuff these days. I won't bother throwing out name brands, my best advice is to set your budget, then look at those models that fit both your budget and shooting style. I have bows that are 10 years old that still shoot just as well as any new one.

bamaboy

Most all of the known manufacturers make good stuff these days. I won't bother throwing out name brands, my best advice is to set your budget, then look at those models that fit both your budget and shooting style. I have bows that are 10 years old that still shoot just as well as any new one.

Very Good Advice!! Good thinking there!