GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Deer and Small Game Hunting and Trail Cams > Bear Hunting
Notices

Old 10-22-2015, 07:39 PM

Bear Foot!

Attached Images

Old 10-26-2015, 09:39 AM

When will be a good weekend to get another hunt in???
Old 10-28-2015, 10:36 PM

Late Nov. Or Early Dec.???

Attached Images

Old 10-28-2015, 10:50 PM

How about Dec 19th?
Old 11-04-2015, 07:50 PM

Wanted to say thank you for all the great advice you guys have been posting. Will be taking my first hunt in the Chattahoochee at the end of November with a buddy and his dad. We all appreciate how freely everyone on the forum has shared their knowledge.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:42 PM

12/19... Let's see...
Old 12-14-2015, 09:54 PM
Default Dec Hunts

Hey yall. I wanted to see if yall have been seeing bear the last few weeks? I am trying to get one, but everyone that was seeing them on my lease said they have stopped seeing them the last few weeks. Thinking the laid down for a mini hibernation session or went higher in the mountains. Anyone see any the last few weeks?
Old 01-09-2016, 06:53 AM

Hey all -

Hope your season has gone well...

Joe, Vin (hope Ol Hippie can make it) and I are meeting up at the Taco Mac - Holcomb Bridge Road on Thurs 1/14...

Join us, first round or beers on me - It's Pint Glass night and if you don't want your glass I'll take it...

Text me if you can make it!

678-644-5533

Ron
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2016, 11:07 PM

Pnome kills his first Alabama Deer...

Attached Images

Last edited by Marlin_444; 01-17-2016 at 12:29 AM.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:49 AM

Nice !!!!!
Old 04-10-2016, 05:43 PM

anybody had a chance to bust a thunder chicken yet? Was thinking about trying to head up the hill before season ends if I don't tag out first. Got one to go. Hope everyone's doing good. Been a busy year down here with family and work.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger374 View Post
anybody had a chance to bust a thunder chicken yet? Was thinking about trying to head up the hill before season ends if I don't tag out first. Got one to go. Hope everyone's doing good. Been a busy year down here with family and work.
I've had a chance. Just haven't sealed the deal on one yet.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:09 AM

I've been wondering what you'd been up to Howard havent seen you on here thought you might have took up golf or something. Did you kill anything close to that monster you got a yr. or two ago this past season? I've had the native trout fishing bug bad this year, havent turkey hunted yet. Been fishing some little creeks I hadnt hit for 15-20 yrs., places you have to crawl through a tunnel of laurel to make a cast for an 8 inch trout but I love it!
Old 04-14-2016, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripplerider View Post
I've been wondering what you'd been up to Howard havent seen you on here thought you might have took up golf or something. Did you kill anything close to that monster you got a yr. or two ago this past season? I've had the native trout fishing bug bad this year, havent turkey hunted yet. Been fishing some little creeks I hadnt hit for 15-20 yrs., places you have to crawl through a tunnel of laurel to make a cast for an 8 inch trout but I love it!
No havent taken up golf--it makes me cuss too much!!! Haven't killed anymore big deer--finally got the wife to hunt some so i been letting her do the shooting and i been doing the draggin and cleaning. Been hunting with the recurve a good bit--so your shot opportunities decrease a little with that.
Yeah, i hear ya on the trout thing. I haven't turkey hunted in about 15 years. Finally got access to a place that had a few and killed one long beard with a 9.5" beard. Then I got the bug so I been hunting redlands every chance I get. Killed a jake the first time I went and should have had a nice long beard on the second trip. He was out a little further than I like to shoot, but was close enough to easily kill after i stepped it off. been playing cat and mouse with him since. he came in and didn't see a hen i guess and off he went. Been wanting to plan a good turkey trip to the natl forest up there just havent been able to yet.

My dad had a stroke before Christmas last year and we just welcomed a baby girl to the family in Feb. so i have been pretty tied up with work and family. the past few years, Wyatt's fall break has been on BP week for the bear hunts so haven't been able to make those either. hope to try to make it this fall though. We need to plan a turkey hunt on 296 again--that was pretty fun last time.

We did come up that way a few times with the camper last summer to fish for some stocker trout though. probally do the same thing in hopefully next month or so somewhere toward helen or lake burton.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:23 PM

Anyone up for Muzzleloader opener this year? I've heard from olhippie and he seems interested.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:02 AM
Default Bear camp

Ok 😎👀
Old 09-21-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowstring View Post
Ok 😎👀
Old 10-10-2016, 11:14 AM

OK Sportsfans!

Here we go. This weekend at the end of 296.

So far we've got myself, olhippie, and bowstring signed up. Anyone else interested should respond in this thread.

Current weather report is looking VERY NICE for this weekend. Cool and only 10% chance of rain! Gonna be a great weekend to be outside!
Old 10-11-2016, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnome View Post
OK Sportsfans!

Here we go. This weekend at the end of 296.

So far we've got myself, olhippie, and bowstring signed up. Anyone else interested should respond in this thread.

Current weather report is looking VERY NICE for this weekend. Cool and only 10% chance of rain! Gonna be a great weekend to be outside!

Good Luck guys !!!!
Be sure to post some pics !!!
Old 10-13-2016, 07:58 PM

Haven't heard back from Jack and Ian can't make it anymore. So, we're canceling for this year.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:08 AM

Anyone coming up this year? I saw a truly big bear crossing 180 a couple of days ago. He was at least 300 lbs. Maybe pushing 400.