• your-jedi-mind-tricks-dont-work-on-me.jpg
    your-jedi-mind-tricks-dont-work-on-me.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 60

Israel

BANNED
;

it's still there.

matt79brown

Maybe it was just a compliment toward the Baptist. Perception is everything in this game. Are we reading to understand or just to reply? If we ain't learning from each other then what are we doing here? "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.''

Israel

BANNED
Maybe it was just a compliment toward the Baptist. Perception is everything in this game. Are we reading to understand or just to reply? If we ain't learning from each other then what are we doing here? "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.''

Sorry...I'm gonna assume your reply might have to do with the little exchange above. If I was being too lighthearted...forgive me. You'd maybe have to have been a club regular for the last several years to get it.

But if I can, since I did find this post pretty funny...

If I want good apple butter I'll go to the Amish, If I want good corn whiskey I'll go to the Baptist, If it's surgery I'm after the Catholics have my vote. If I want a long boring answer that goes so far out in in left field that I forgot what the original question was, then I'll ask an Atheist.

May I add an observation?

Few things are structured more religiously than the practice of medicine.

I'd suggest this in regards to surgery:

Go to whom you ever care to. But then, go to Dr Liebowitz for a second opinion. Tell him you saw Dr Patel or Dr Chen or Dr Lombardo. And say this: "I saw Dr Patel (or Dr Chen or Lombardo)...and he says I need this surgery and can do it with no problem; Dr Liebowitz...do you think you could do it as well?"

You may just leave his office with your gall bladder in a baggie feeling fit enough to roll a 300 for your bowling team.

As I am occasionally fond of saying to my Hebrew friend in the presence of his of his other colleagues:
"Doctor, I think it was so nice of you guys to let the goyim into the practice of medicine".

(If I have to add j/k for the above, I gladly will. But if someone comes back and replies "how stupid, everyone knows Matt is not on a bowling team"...well...oy vey)

Last edited:

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Creationist or Evolutionist either one I have a question. Why the explosion of technology over the last couple hundred years? A 97 year old friend of mine passed away recently. He told me about his mother going to Texas from Georgia on a wagon pulled by horses when she was a kid (a means of transportation used world wide for thousands or millions of years depending on your stance) then later in her life at the age of 80 something she flew back on a jet airplane! Up until recently in human history mankind's way of living, traveling, communicating, and building never changed very much throughout history, then all of a sudden BOOM! What brought this on? Anyone got any ideas?

In a word ELECTRICITY.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
If I want a long boring answer that goes so far out in in left field that I forgot what the original question was, then I'll ask an Atheist.

Israel is an Athiest now? Who knew?

matt79brown

It took us 6 thousand years to harness electricity! 4.6 Billion years if your an evolutionist!!!!! Wooweeee at this rate we'll be walking on the moon before long.

matt79brown

NASA is planning a trip to the sun. Projections estimate it could be as early as 2045. They are going to go at night in hopes that it wont be so hot.

WaltL1

NASA is planning a trip to the sun. Projections estimate it could be as early as 2045. They are going to go at night in hopes that it wont be so hot.

:rofl: