2018 Georgia Turkey Harvest Card Survey

BBond

Turkey harvest survey cards have already been mailed out this year and those of you on the list should have them by now.

This should not be confused with Game Check.

However, this year we have the survey in a new format for those who would like to do it through a Free App or web browser.

You can download Survey123 on your smartphone and then download this survey "2018 Georgia Turkey Harvest Card Survey".

The link should be here:
https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/bac90e05fe604838bfc55f90935a8644?open=menu

When you download it on the App and are ready to "collect" your hunt data you should see the screen with the gobbler on it and at the bottom Collect.

When you click Collect you then will see a new screen with questions.

If you answer the Hunt Type question as Hunter then it will ask you questions phrased as if you are the hunter. If you click guide it will be phrased as if you are the guide.

I have provided 3 screenshots:
1 - when downloaded and asking for you to Collect
2 - After clicking Collect the first few questions
3 - After clicking Hunter as the Hunt Type

After all the data has been entered just click the check mark in the bottom right hand corner and the data is instantly sent in.

This is to be done for each hunt.

Of course this may generate questions from you. If so just ask me.

This should allow the DNR to collect more data across the state when it comes to turkey hunting and what hunters are hearing/seeing.

Hunts with zeros are just as important.

Thanks and Good luck,
BBond

Attachments

• survey1.jpg
    survey1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 532
  • survey2.jpg
    survey2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 532
  • survey3.jpg
    survey3.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 535

bullit

I've been doing this for years... I've never seen the overall statewide results, are they available for public viewing?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
If we use the app do you still want our survey card mailed in?

BBond

If we use the app do you still want our survey card mailed in?

elfiii,

If you use the App you don't fill the card out.

The App should prompt you for your Cooperator # if you answer Yes I've participated in the harvest card survey before. Then after that it should give you a note to not do the Card if you are doing the App.

If you have any other questions please let me know as this is a totally new thing for me too.

Thanks!
Bobby

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
elfiii,

If you use the App you don't fill the card out.

The App should prompt you for your Cooperator # if you answer Yes I've participated in the harvest card survey before. Then after that it should give you a note to not do the Card if you are doing the App.

If you have any other questions please let me know as this is a totally new thing for me too.

Thanks!
Bobby

Thanks Bobby!

Gut_Pile

Thanks for sharing Bobby. I really appreciate the work you put into this

Very disheartening numbers in that report.

Gaswamp

thanks for the update