Orlando Wilson

TriggerHappyJake

What ever happened to that Orlando Wilson guy that fished around here? I'm too young to have watched him when he was on TV but I have watched a few of his videos on the internet.

Killdee

He’s still around, he worked for Cherokee sheriffs dept for a time and I think he did some building. I’m friends with his brother on Facebook, I’ll ask him what he’s up to.

Goatman70

My Dad and I watched his shows early saturday mornings when i was a kid....classic

ryork

Used to enjoy his shows too. Remember one he did with Tommy Mike at West Point. Ended the show with both of them catching an 8lb or so largemouth on a popping cork in shallow water in the middle of the summer right about dark if I recall correctly. He was doing some real estate development up in the Bartow-Gordon county general areas before the economy crashed or so I was told.

Timberman

Was fortunate to have fished a lake on Ted Turners Avalon Plantation that was designed by Orlando. It had rock piles, long points, shallow and deep structure, creek channels with big bends, stump fields, you name it.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I can remember watching that show on Saturdays.

Killdee

His brother just messaged me he has indeed moved to adairsville and retired, still fish’s a little. Remember he always wore an Atlanta Braves cap.

Hillbilly stalker

If I remember correctly..Tom T Hall sung the intro. Ol Orlando loved a rattle trap plug. Him and ol Virgil Ward were pioneers in fishing tv

I usually pull up the Orlando Wilson theme or the Great American Fisherman song, I think it was the Roland Martin theme song, just about every time I am headed to the lake lol

frankwright

I saw him on TV a year or so ago. He was doing some big time food growing and donating most of it to food banks and such.
I watched every show of his, that was when there were few fishing shows and no hunting shows to speak of.

Forkhorn

Orlando is my All-Time Favorite, hands down! Some great memories from when I was a kid right there, watched every episode and met him once.