Dial "M" for Murder Creek

pbradley

Used to be, once upon a time, that Murder Creek played host to an awesome white bass run every spring.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Murder Creek is on the west side of Putnam County and the Oconee is on the east side of the county. In the time period of the above story it was in Native American territory. Being born and raised here in Putnam County there are several stories floating around about how its name was changed. Just for fun, anyone know the Natives name for the river? It has 19 letters in the name.
Jeff

It makes perfect sense considering the Murder Creek referenced in the travels to Pensecola is a much bigger, more prominent one.

Attachments

• murder creek.jpg
    murder creek.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 360

Shawn Holcombe

Horace, I've caught MANY fish off that first dock.Amy and I lived next door to that place when she was pregnant with Ariel. Let me know if you want me to help you out with a murder creek fishing report! The catfish are usually piled up in there at the shoals this time of year. From my experiences fishing is best when the water is up.:flag:

martinc

Capt'n,
Is the bridge you speak of the one just north of Twilight Shores Rd?

The son in law and I've been trying to plan a possible paddlin adventure in that area since he's already in the Griffin/Mc Donugh area.
I'm trying to get him involved in canoe/kayak paddling so that he can get on the water and do a little bit more fishing than just from the bank..

Martin

olcaptain

Capt'n,
Is the bridge you speak of the one just north of Twilight Shores Rd?

The son in law and I've been trying to plan a possible paddlin adventure in that area since he's already in the Griffin/Mc Donugh area.
I'm trying to get him involved in canoe/kayak paddling so that he can get on the water and do a little bit more fishing than just from the bank..

Martin

From 441 in Eatonton I went toward Gray on Hwy 129. It is the second bridge and the shoals are upstream. You could also bring him here and I can give y'all a tour of Crooked Creek one day.

martinc

From 441 in Eatonton I went toward Gray on Hwy 129. It is the second bridge and the shoals are upstream. You could also bring him here and I can give y'all a tour of Crooked Creek one day.

Thanks for the invite Captn, I will have to take you up on that in the near future. As a much much younger version of myself I've been to your neck of the woods. My parents started all of us kids camping at a very young age. My uncle is the one that really peaked my interest in canoeing and kayaks. Luckily my wife is in to both as well, atleast the camping. She prefers boats over canoes or kayaks.

Once again, thanks for the invites, I'll take you up on it before long.

Martin