I'm going to church

WaltL1

The Incans called him Viracocha. The Crow Indians called him Akbatatdia. The Aborigine called him Banaitja. Even in the bible different culture's called him by different names. He is the one true God. God the creator. How did ancient tribes with limited knowledge across the globe know about him? Because they felt his presence spiritually.
So then you would have to agree that Christianity is just another example like those you listed above right?

red neck richie

So then you would have to agree that Christianity is just another example like those you listed above right?

Walt what I am saying is Christianity is not just another example it is the whole truth. I am saying other cultures only have bits and pieces of the truth. Due to lack of knowledge of what they were experiencing spiritually. God sent Jesus to explain and to spread the truth to what many did not understand.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
The Incans called him Viracocha. The Crow Indians called him Akbatatdia. The Aborigine called him Banaitja. Even in the bible different culture's called him by different names. He is the one true God. God the creator. How did ancient tribes with limited knowledge across the globe know about him? Because they felt his presence spiritually.
Lots of people name their gods. You connect the dits that are not there.
We already had a thread that discussed how religious beliefs got started. They didn't feel a presence. They created the presence based off of dead relatives and friends. It evolved as we did.

WaltL1

Walt what I am saying is Christianity is not just another example it is the whole truth. I am saying other cultures only have bits and pieces of the truth. Due to lack of knowledge of what they were experiencing spiritually. God sent Jesus to explain and to spread the truth to what many did not understand.
It is interesting to me that you can wrap your head around the idea that all those different cultures, with their different names for the "One God", their different beliefs, their different ways of worshiping, their different claims of their god's powers etc etc..... are allllll worshipping the same God.
And then in the next sentence claim that YOUR particular beliefs are the "whole truth".
If you are worshipping the same God, wouldn't all those different ways of worshiping be "the whole truth"?
Due to lack of knowledge of what they were experiencing spiritually
Weren't they experiencing the same God as you are? And you experience the same God as them?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
No singular God, but they do assign deity status to animate objects and places. Thus they are not Atheist but rather practice Animism. Mr. Everett conveniently left that out of his construct.

I've read that in one of his articles.

They, like many tribes and clans that came before them, assign powers or reasons for things they do not understand to tangible things that they encounter on a daily basis.
Others that have more advanced knowledge abandoned the animisim and instead assigned those things that they didnt understand to an invisible force that they think exists but cannot be observed.

History has shown how and why religious beliefs constantly change. As humans advance gods need to get more complex or they die out.
As means of gathering evidence advances like cameras and video recording and monitoring equipment the instances and claims of flying men and resurrections decreased to Zero. All the rampant physical miracles suddenly disappeared and now all that is left is these constant claims that literally have no tangible physical evidence to back them up.
We are pack people. We enjoy company. When we don't have it we invent it.
Thats why all the gods hate and love the same people we do. Thats why we think we can speak for something we know nothing about. Thats why these gods were so localized.

red neck richie

It is interesting to me that you can wrap your head around the idea that all those different cultures, with their different names for the "One God", their different beliefs, their different ways of worshiping, their different claims of their god's powers etc etc..... are allllll worshipping the same God.
And then in the next sentence claim that YOUR particular beliefs are the "whole truth".
If you are worshipping the same God, wouldn't all those different ways of worshiping be "the whole truth"?
Weren't they experiencing the same God as you are? And you experience the same God as them?
I believe most of them were. But keep in mind the Bible wasn't mass produced until 1454. In fact the inventor of printing press was a German Johannes Gutenberg who invented it for the sole purpose of mass producing the Bible. I'm a printer by trade and know the history. Go figure. Meant to spread the word. And of German ancestry.

WaltL1

I believe most of them were. But keep in mind the Bible wasn't mass produced until 1454. In fact the inventor of printing press was a German Johannes Gutenberg who invented it for the sole purpose of mass producing the Bible. I'm a printer by trade and know the history. Go figure. Meant to spread the word. And of German ancestry.
If they are worshiping the same God as you are why do they need the Bible?

Sure seems like the WAY they worship and not WHO they worship is what seems to be the priority.

red neck richie

If they are worshiping the same God as you are why do they need the Bible?

Sure seems like the WAY they worship and not WHO they worship is what seems to be the priority.

They need the bible to understand and to explain what they are experiencing. I agree if it is about the way they worship and not who they are worshipping there priorities are not in order. Its a personal relationship. I don't worry about the way I do things or customs or the way people perceive things. I focus on Him.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
If a God truely communicates through a persons spirit, why would a bible be needed at all?
Why wouldn't everyone regardless of geographic location all know the same stories, same names, same locations etc if the same god is responsible?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
They need the bible to understand and to explain what they are experiencing. I agree if it is about the way they worship and not who they are worshipping there priorities are not in order. Its a personal relationship. I don't worry about the way I do things or customs or the way people perceive things. I focus on Him.
Why would they need a guide book written by man to explain what a god can communicate?

red neck richie

If a God truely communicates through a persons spirit, why would a bible be needed at all?
Why wouldn't everyone regardless of geographic location all know the same stories, same names, same locations etc if the same god is responsible?

For the proof and confirmation you have been asking for.

WaltL1

You are completely dismissing their beliefs. They "knew" EXACTLY what was happening to them according to their beliefs. And they could explain them - "It didn't rain and the crops are dead and we are starving because we have angered the Rain God"..........
Without meaning to be insulting but..... do you have any clue the amount of arrogance, whether intentional or not, that is required to make and believe this statement? -
They need the bible to understand and to explain what they are experiencing
That's what organized religion indoctrinates in you.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
For the proof and confirmation you have been asking for.

Nah, that written account creates more confusion and arguments.

Couldn't a god convey the message individually through the spirit?
Why no written account earlier in human history?
Why wait till 3000 years ago when modern civilived people were around 12,000 years ago and less civilized for a couple hundred thousand years before that?

red neck richie

You are completely dismissing their beliefs. They "knew" EXACTLY what was happening to them according to their beliefs. And they could explain them - "It didn't rain and the crops are dead and we are starving because we have angered the Rain God"..........
Without meaning to be insulting but..... do you have any clue the amount of arrogance, whether intentional or not, that is required to make and believe this statement? -

That's what organized religion indoctrinates in you.
No indoctrination here brother. Total free will. I'm as hard headed as they come nobody can tell me anything I will find out for myself. I would argue they didn't totally understand what was happening nor do I claim to . But you have to admit we are all more educated and have more knowledge than the average person 2000 years ago. What they thought was a rain God was God. You can add any prefix you like. Arrogance perhaps but that's how strongly I know what I know based on my life experiences.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
No indoctrination here brother. Total free will. I'm as hard headed as they come nobody can tell me anything I will find out for myself. I would argue they didn't totally understand what was happening nor do I claim to . But you have to admit we are all more educated and have more knowledge than the average person 2000 years ago. What they thought was a rain God was God. You can add any prefix you like.
Ill ask you too since j-seph has not answered,

You believe in prayer. You claim to have had prayers answered and have witnessed miracles as far as health issues being cured etc.
Do you know of any amputees that prayed and had their limbs regrow?

red neck richie

Ill ask you too since j-seph has not answered,

You believe in prayer. You claim to have had prayers answered and have witnessed miracles as far as health issues being cured etc.
Do you know of any amputees that prayed and had their limbs regrow?

No I have not personally witnessed limb regrowth. But I have witnessed God given technology to create artificial limbs. And as far as health issues I have witnessed healing of drug addicts. My Dad being one. His testimony is powerful and proof as well.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
No I have not personally witnessed limb regrowth. But I have witnessed God given technology to create artificial limbs. And as far as health issues I have witnessed healing of drug addicts.
Well I completely understand you attaching a god to things that get done by man in order to try the shift away from my actual question. That style fits in perfectly with the unprovable claims.
But you are on the spot as to why a god has never answered a prayer to physically regrow a limb. That would require actual physical evidence which never seems to show up.

WaltL1

No indoctrination here brother. Total free will. I'm as hard headed as they come nobody can tell me anything I will find out for myself. I would argue they didn't totally understand what was happening nor do I claim to . But you have to admit we are all more educated and have more knowledge than the average person 2000 years ago. What they thought was a rain God was God. You can add any prefix you like. Arrogance perhaps but that's how strongly I know what I know based on my life experiences.[/QUOTE
But you have to admit we are all more educated and have more knowledge than the average person 2000 years ago. What they thought was a rain God was God.
I wonder if 2000 years from now the conversation will be .. "what they thought was God was _______"

red neck richie

Well I completely understand you attaching a god to things that get done by man in order to try the shift away from my actual question. That style fits in perfectly with the unprovable claims.
But you are on the spot as to why a god has never answered a prayer to physically regrow a limb. That would require actual physical evidence which never seems to show up.

Physical evidence is there. Saul didn't believe then he became Paul. I told you this before for whatever reason you have you don't want to accept witness and personal testimony as evidence. I think based on our conversation its because of the pain you and I experience when Our loved one dies. Sometimes we pray for mercy and don't receive it and that anger's us.

Last edited: