All in All

hobbs27

Galatians 3: 8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.”9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.

Artfuldodger

Galatians 3: 8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.”9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.

We can go back even farther to find out who "they" were. All the way to before time;

"Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children"
"According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world"
"to them who are the called according to [his] purpose."
"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you"
"For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate"
"not according to our works, but according to his own purpose"
" In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated"

Proverbs 16:4 - The LORD hath made all [things] for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Artfuldodger

Romans 9:8
In other words, it is not the children by physical descent who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring.

Romans 9:15
For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."

Romans 9:17
For Scripture says to Pharaoh: "I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth."

Romans 9:21-24
Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?
What if God, intending to show His wrath and make His power known, bore with great patience the vessels of His wrath, prepared for destruction? 23What if He did this to make the riches of His glory known to the vessels of His mercy, whom He prepared in advance for glory — 24including us, whom He has called not only from the Jews, but also from the Gentiles?

God is very clear from before time who "they" were. It never was about the Jews or Gentiles.

I wish God would have left all that Jew and Gentile stuff out of the Bible. I wish Jesus wasn't a Jew. It would have made the final outcome of his plan easier to grasp.

Romans 11:33
O, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable His judgments, and untraceable His ways!

hobbs27

They were the chosen.. the elect... the remnant.. It all came about in their time in their generation... They got to see the old covenant pass and the new one consumated.

It was a special time For had planned from the start.

Artfuldodger

They were the chosen.. the elect... the remnant.. It all came about in their time in their generation... They got to see the old covenant pass and the new one consumated.

It was a special time For had planned from the start.

Disregarding all of that, was the children of the promise ever other than who they always were?
In other words the children of Abraham never were physical. They were always children of the promise. They were always the ones who had faith.

The Church didn't become or fulfill or supersede Israel.
Even if things were placed in a timeline, in God's Word it was always about those who had faith as mentioned in Galatians 3: 8.

The promises made to Israel, never were to physical Israel. Nothing happened within time that made the true children change from who they always were.

hobbs27

Disregarding all of that, was the children of the promise ever other than who they always were?
In other words the children of Abraham never were physical. They were always children of the promise. They were always the ones who had faith.

The Church didn't become or fulfill or supersede Israel.
Even if things were placed in a timeline, in God's Word it was always about those who had faith as mentioned in Galatians 3: 8.

The promises made to Israel, never were to physical Israel. Nothing happened within time that made the true children change from who they always were.

The dead rose, and we're judged. They died because of Adam.. Rose because of Christ, judged on faith, joined the living to form one body of Christ.

That's the way I read it anyway.. Death is now defeated and we close these biological eyes one day, shed this flesh, then spend eternity in the spiritual realm with God.