Is there a Map or anything?!?!?!

taylornelms

GONetwork Member
I was just wondering how you find out about WMA's i know wehre a few are but i just seem to stumble upon them. I know thats kinda the point i dont want people knowing all my good hunting places but a little help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

J.T.

www.georgiaoutdoors.com Click on the hunting link then you will see a link for WMA maps. These maps are actual scans of maps that you find at the check stations. I just tried to access the maps page and it seems to not be responding, but keep checking it periodically. I used it quite often this fall.

jay sullivent

i bought a nice map of GA that shows all WMA's and even shows dirt roads and things. it has been very useful. i got it at Broadway bait and tackle in Augusta GA. let me go in the garage and find it and i will tell you what it is called.

blindhog

That sounds like the Gazeteer Atlas.

Just call the fish and game for the area WMA you want a map of. I am sure they will mail or fax one to you.

jay sullivent

that's it. it shows roads, creeks, wma's, parks, even some trails like bartram's trail. it's got gps grids too. made by DeLorme.i've practically worn mine out.

On the Georgia Outdoors site, some of the maps are old...

Make sure the ones you use are updated...

Johnsampson1962

Always go by the check station. For the best detail of the hunting area buy a 1:24,000 topo map. They are availlable through the georgia dept of Agriculture for $6.00 each.

7Mag Hunter

maps

I bought a map years ago that shows all North Ga. WMAs...It was printed
by Atlantic Maping...Smyrna Ga., I think.....Mine is about wore out....Dont
see them much any more...Same company that prints the "lake maps" you
see on racks in Wal-Mart and bait stores etc....

Might try to get phone number off a lake map for Atlantic and call them to
see if WMA maps are still avail....
I need a new "current" map myself.....

7mag hunter

BBond

For Region IV Game Mgmt Section the following maps have been updated recently and I have yet to see any link with them:
BF Grant
Cedar Creek (updated in January - additional ~11,000 acs of land)
Oaky Woods (has land included from lease with Houston Co.)
Ocmulgee (just updated last month)
Standing Boy (just updated with more acres)

The following have the same acreage but the map has been updated:
Big Lazer Creek
Joe Kurz

The Carpenter Tract has not been part of BF Grant in yrs.