Rocky boot sole problems?

DYI hunting

Me and my 2 hunting buddies have Rocky boots. I got mine 2 years ago and they got theirs before last season. By the end of this season, the tread on all of them is disintegrating, breaking off in little chunks. It's not wearing off, they look like you took a walk on razor blades. Anybody else had this problem with Rocky boots?

I am wondering if out stand platforms (rough metal grate) is doing the damage or if we got some dud boots.

firebiker

I had a pair, they were comfortable and warm.
But the soles came apart like a $2 dollar watch after about 4 years.
it's like they dry rotted or something ?:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

ronnies

Same problem. Rocky will not even respond to my question. A lot of people have same problem. Look at E-mail thread earlier this year.

Darkhorse

This is why I no longer buy Rocky Boots. I had a pair of $169.00 Rockys I bought in 96 for Elk hunting. By 1999 the soles had disentigrated in my closet. Several calls to Rocky got no satisfaction. They have known of this problem for at least 10 years and still keep making boots with soles that rot off.
Sounds like a big rip off to me.

stevetarget

mine tore up too, i sent them back to rocky and they said, too bad.. no more rockys for me. I did have them re-soled with Goodyear soles and they are lasting just fine. I think it cost about $40.

Lthomas

Same thing happened to me....

Rick Alexander

same for me too

First pair of cornstalkers lasted me about 10 years - just hated to replace them as they were the most comfortable boots I ever had. Replaced them with new Rocky's and boy they didn't last very well at all. I had my soles replaced on them but they didn't really feel right after that. Now I'm in Danner's - so far so good.

skinner

Mine fell apart a couple of years ago. I sent them to the factory and they replaced the soles. My buddy had the same problem and tried to send them for repair a couple of months later. They would no longer repair them but sent him new soles which he would have take to a shoe guy for repair. Neither of us will buy Rocky again.

codeeb

I have a pair of Corn Stalkers that have done the same thing. I thought that it was something I may have done. I only use them for hunting and scouting.

69camaro

add me to the list......second pair I bought had something wrong on the inside. I guess I'll buy something else.

knifemaker

Nothing but Wolverines for me anymore. Rockies have turned to trash.:banginghe

DYI hunting

Well, at least we are not the only ones. Just wish I would have researched before spending $150 on a pair of boots!
Rocky will never get any more business from me and my buddies.

Hogtown

I can't let a Rocky Boot thread go by without pausing to warn everyone: DON'T BUY ROCKY BOOTS. Yes, in years past they were alright - they aren't now. Don't waste your money, there are too many good boots out there. Wolverines, Redwing, Gokey, Russell, LaCrosse, Georgia Boot etc... are all better than Rocky Boots - buy them and save yourself the aggrevation.

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe I pulled my insulated /gortex / Rockey boots out yesterday(haven't worn in a year) left a black trail through the house--:mad::mad::mad: entire soles fell apart - crumbled into small chunks:mad::mad::mad:-- didn't know it was a widespread problem thought I stepped into something and ruined them:mad::mad:

rip18

I won't bother with an involved post again. But I plan to NEVER buy another pair of Rocky boots.

Eroc33

they used to put viberam soles on there boots and then they stated makeing there own to save money and that is when the ran into problems. it was only on a few models of boots they had the problems with, but they have the problem worked out now. and most of the problems were from people who didnt ware them.

knifemaker

they used to put viberam soles on there boots and then they stated makeing there own to save money and that is when the ran into problems. it was only on a few models of boots they had the problems with, but they have the problem worked out now. and most of the problems were from people who didnt ware them.

What are you saying? That if you wear them they won't fall apart, but if you don't wear them they will fall apart. :rofl: