It is illegal to use electronic calls for fox, bobcats and coons in GA

BCAPES

2 questions

1. Can you use an electronic call for crows?

2. Can my son and I use a 2 way radio so if deer pass my stand, I can let him know they are coming? Sounds a little bit comical if not

Thanks

rosewood

2 questions

2. Can my son and I use a 2 way radio so if deer pass my stand, I can let him know they are coming? Sounds a little bit comical if not

Thanks

You said this wrong. You use the 2 way radio for safety. It is so you can keep up with him and he you and let each other know when you are getting down. You would never use it to pursue game....

35 Whelen

Georgia Hunting Seasons & Regulations 2015 - 2016 booklrt, page 34:

CROWS
Electronic calls may be used. Crows may be
taken outside of these dates only when causing
agricultural damage.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
So why aren't coyotes wild animals? They aren't domesticated and they are animals.

Don't ya just love the way legislatures make words mean different things than most would think. Must have been drafted by a Democrat and voted on without being read.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
So why aren't coyotes wild animals? They aren't domesticated and they are animals.

Don't ya just love the way legislatures make words mean different things than most would think. Must have been drafted by a Democrat and voted on without being read.
because the law doesn't legally define them as wild animals.
if it did it would make them subject to a whole bunch of laws they currently arent subject to.

white tail deer aren't wild animals either legally.

Last edited:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Only lawyers and Democrat ones at that could come up with a system like that. LOL

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Only lawyers and Democrat ones at that could come up with a system like that. LOL

all laws depend on what words mean.
Vehicle, operate, under the influence etc are defined in traffic law.

murder, robbery and different kinds of theft are defined in title 16.

chase870

Possum Sox
That's why I always carry a good old fashioned mouth call normally a cotton tail in distress when I'm yote hunting so if I see a bob cat or fox I can call him in and be legal about it

Mark K

Banned
I’ll be honest unless they walked up on you and saw you shoot it, I don’t even know how it could be proved otherwise. Social media has written more tickets for folks than anything else, lol. Hey look at what we got predator hunting with my new ***** Electronic predator caller...and show fox, bobcat, and coyotes.

CritterCatcher

Many trappers are interested in the little squeaker call that imitates a mouse. DNR says they are considered an electronic call and thus can only be used on coyotes. In other words, if you catch a fox or bobcat on a set that uses this call, you are required by law to release it unharmed.