Slabfest crappie Tourney 4/07/07West Point. Sign up at BaitShop2 on Ware's gross rd.

TheCrappieGuy

Slabfest crappie Tourney 4/07/07West Point. Sign up at BaitShop2 on Ware's Cross rd.

Having our annual tourney and fish fry on west Point. The Weigh in will be at S. Heard Campgrounds Day use ramp. We will either weigh there or point you accross the cove to Campsite 88. Or sign up with the owners of Baitshop2 on Ware's cross road

Tourney fee is 25 bucks per BOAT..plus $5 Big Fish per person
Crappie.com Southeastern Crappie Association rules.
Interpretation and enforcement of these rules shall be left up to the current officers and or tournament committee.
1 Participation in each tournament is open to all Crappie.com members.
2 You may enter alone or with the partner of your choice.
3 Permitted fishing waters shall be defined as areas open to all participants of the event and accessible by normal navigational means only. Fishing within 25 feet of a marina gas pump or within 25 feet of a competitor’s boat, which was first anchored, is prohibited. (trolling motor must be in the upright position to be considered anchored). A safe and courteous distance should be maintained when trolling motors are in use. Any violation of off limit water will result in disqualification.
4 Practice is allowed at the events until 12am the night before the tournament.
5 In the case of extreme weather and/or water conditions, SECA reserves the right to postpone or cancel the event with the return of entry fees by mail.
6 Teams may start fishing (line in water) anywhere in the permitted fishing waters at 6:30am and may continue until 2:00pm. Any fishing by a team member before or after the set times will result in the team’s disqualification.
7 Teams may use 2 baits per rod(8) for a total of 16 baits in water per team
8 Teams may use rod and reel combos, hand held pole rod and reel combos or hand held poles. There is a 8 pole in water limit per team except where state limits are set at a lesser number.
9 Live and artificial bait may be used.
10 Crappie must be hooked and landed with a rod or pole by team member(s). Crappie must be hooked through the lip or in the mouth.
11 All boats should meet US Coast Guard and State regulations.
Both members must remain in boat while fishing at all times.
12 Teams must comply with all state fishing and boating regulations, including the use of PFD’s. Fishing and boating liscences are the responsibility of team members.
13 Crappie must be weighed at the official SECA weigh in sight. Both team members must be present at the time of weigh-in.
14 No team will be allowed to join the weigh-in line after 3:00pm. Anglers must be in line with fish by 3:00pm THIS MEANS ANYONE
15 A team can weigh in not more that 7 crappie
16 All crappie brought to the scales for weigh in must have been caught during the tournament hours and in the designated tournament waters.
17 Weight enhanced will be automatically disqualified.
18 All fish can be dead/alive at weigh-in
19 Alcoholic beverages and drugs, other than prescription, are not allowed in the boat to be consumed during the tournament hours.
20 The Southeastern Crappie Association is not liable for any loss, damages, or injury occurring before, during, or after tournament times.
21 Boats/fishing vessels may be transported to any location by any means as long as you fish tourney waters.
Officers
FalconSmitty
GaBoy
Papasage
Birddog

Last edited:

TheCrappieGuy

We only have 6 teams as of right this minute. I just left the campgrounds.. whitecaps are in...whew it is brutal. yall come join the fun

TheCrappieGuy

the tourney had low attendance because of Easter and the weather. The bite was tough in that hurricane. keeping the bait in the zone was the trick.
4 pounds exactly won it. Shinerunner from Perry, Ga and his young(ten i think) son jonathan were the winners. That kid never complained about cold or wind. He just tried to fish and help us old timers at the campsites

big fish was 1pound 13 ounces. I caught it..

We had a great time at the campground talking and laughing. Wind was hard all three days. Some even came but left before Saturday because of the cold. we are planning one for early may on Lake Blackshear we always have 20 teams there. I can't wait...
I wish some of you guys would join us.. I bet one of you could have caught over 4 pounds... None of us know the lake...