The beast electric golf cart

cemeteryhill

today is my birthday and im am getting either a new 4 wheeler or electric golf cart. i am on the fence, i love the idea of a quiet vehicle to get me to my stand. but i know nothing about them. can yall help me? i need likes and dislikes about the beast golf cart..... thanks.

Allen Waters

if you do not rack up the miles riding a atv on your property, and can easily access your hunting areas, then i would go with the beast. you are limited to the charge on your batteries, and they are slower. But being quiet is worth it. the beast will go most places you want it to. and you can ride more people on it.

JohnnyT

Golf cart

I would go with the golf cart especially since you can ride more people and stuff on it along with its quiet ride. I can ride quite a while on a single charge. I'll send you pics of our dual uses for ours.
JT

fountain

the electric cart is very nice
here ya go-=-----and its for sale!--everything the beast is and more!
gc1.jpg

shdw633

I have both and to be honest the golf cart is great DURING the season for the reasons stated above. It is quiet and you can bring more people along, also if you mount a couple of bow rollers to the roof you can sling your winch cable over them and use your winch to haul your deer up to your flip seat!! That being said it is terrible during the OFF SEASON because of the limited time you can drive this really restrains you when doing food plots and clean up. Also it is lousy for pulling a disc to build food plots with. That is why I have both, the ATV for the off season and the golf cart for the hunting season. If I had to give one of them up it would most likely be the ATV.

Hairtrigger

I have never seen a deer not spook from a 4 wheeler. The usual reaction is run as fast as they can the other way-which is not good if you have a small piece of land. They cant seem to figure out the golf cart. They stand there and just look. And they are scent free too--great for putting out feed in places you dont want to stink up.

treehugger49

Unless you have the need to be able to pull implements, my vote goes to the electric golf cart. When I moved to the country, I ended up with a 4/10 mile driveway to the house, so I bought a used EZGO to drag the trash can to the road and to get the mail. Cabela's, among others, offered a lift kit with larger, aggressive tires, so I tricked it out a bit. I bowhunt the property utilizing numerous bushhogged trails, and it is perfect for that terrain. Although only 2WD, I am amazed at the torque, and its ability to navigate some pretty rugged areas. I can only imagine what the capabilities of the 4WD are in comparison. I like the lack of noise and odor, low maintenance, and reliability of the golf cart. And, I have had to replace the batteries only once since 1999. You certainly have to take into account the issue of battery charging, so if you traverse long distances, it might not be for you. Otherwise, I think it is a very good option to consider.

JL242

I have to echo Shdw633 post. I have a 4WD UTV with a 800cc 3 cylinder that will go in places I never thought possible. We can load that thing down with stands, saws, feeders, corn, etc. The electric cart is only 2WD but it goes just about anywhere that is dry and somewhat mowed. Our lease is huge and when working on the property the golf cart batteries will last most of the day, but when they get low the cart does not like inclines. If you have any swamps or hills go for gas. If its all flat & dry go for electric. I can't emphasize enough electric carts do not like hills or sand. The 4WD carts might be different, but I know how my 2WD cart can drain the batteries from 1 motor, I couldn't imagine how quick the 4WD carts would drain the batteries from 2 motors.

fountain

i just sold mine and got a rzr. the cart was nice to hunt on but i used it to ride around town more than anything. a gas cart would get my vote--they are quiet enough. my cart was still loud--the motor made a high pitch wine sounding noise cause of the beast motor. i rode a regular 36 volt cart and it was noticeably quieter than mine. with ga--put gas in and go for a llllloooooooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggg time...
with the electric: charge it and ride worry free until you get caught a long ways from home and suddenly remember how long ago it was you charged it or either you need to travel a mile or two aobut 3 weeks into the charge--not gonna work

Joyner00

I bought an EZGO last year and love it for the reasons stated above, quiet in and out of the stand. The problems I do have with mine are keeping it charged and running. Also you have to consider replacing batteries every 5-7 years. Just took mine today to get batteries replaced and it is going to be around $750. If you keep water in your batteries and take care of them you should not have to replace them but every 6 or so years, the guy told me today, if you don't take care of them the could go out in a matter of a year! To be honest wish I would have stuck with an ATV, just put gas in and go and do not worry about keeping a charge. Hope this helps

cemeteryhill

I ended up buying the beast and i love it. the charging is no problem just remember to do it. you dont have to pay for tune ups, gas, carb, fixing an engine. just batteries 6 years or so. the first time i took it to my lease we could litterally ride up on the deer. the y had no idea what to think. i finally got to see one of our white or whitesh deer on it, we rode up to a food plot and there she was. you cant do that on a 4 wheeler, check out the video on www.cemeteryhillhuntingclub.com. thanks for all the input. i love it,

fountain

i want one of both! a gas one for here and then an electric for the woods. that would be nice, but i will stick with what i got. i can always ride daddys or the ranger. there is a auction place here that sells electrics for bout $1000 regularly. may have to save and then i can have both

GaLarry

I have both and to be honest the golf cart is great DURING the season for the reasons stated above. It is quiet and you can bring more people along, also if you mount a couple of bow rollers to the roof you can sling your winch cable over them and use your winch to haul your deer up to your flip seat!! That being said it is terrible during the OFF SEASON because of the limited time you can drive this really restrains you when doing food plots and clean up. Also it is lousy for pulling a disc to build food plots with. That is why I have both, the ATV for the off season and the golf cart for the hunting season. If I had to give one of them up it would most likely be the ATV.

Nailed it !