atv tire upgrade

Whitetailer

I want to purchase new tires for my Can Am Outlander 500.

I would like to upgrade to a larger size. Without doing any suspension work can I go to an inch larger/taller overall with out fit issues? The factory tires are:

front: 26x8-12 rear: 26x10 12

Can I fit 27" tires under the fenders without clearance problems? Can I go to an inch wider? Can I go to 2 inches wider?

9 or 10 inch on front and 11 or 12 inch on rear?

And, otherwise any suggestions on tires? We have hard pack mostly when it is dry, but it gets bad muddy trying to cross greasy puddles and sloughs.

Thanks, Whitetailer.

transfixer

You'd have to check clearance for wider tires visually, turn the front wheels far as they will go both ways and see how close they come to the frame/fenders at each extreme, if you have an extra two or three inches, then you probably can go wider, jumping up an inch in tire height isn't much , and you are probably fine with that. Search for Can Am Outlander forums, I'm sure someone else has already gone through what you're wanting to do.

lonewolf247

Usually going up in height 1" would be no issue at all. 2" wider would probably be more of a concern. I went from 25x8x12 Front, & 25x10x12 rear, to 27x10x12 all the way around on my Honda Forman and I really like them.

My tires are Interco Interforce, which are an Ag style tread, but the tire is soft compound, so it flexes well, and still rides comfortably. The traction is tremendous and ground clearance gain really helps. I bet these would work on your atv.

Attachments

• IMG_1118.jpg
    IMG_1118.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 99