chattahoochee bend SP hunt

DUSTY D

Got my first SP quota hunt. How dose it work and will I get more info later on in the year? Who all go this hunt?

mtstephens18

My dad put us in for it and we got drawn. Don't know a thing about it other than it looks like its gonna be crowded. 100 quota on 2900 acres seems a little too crowded to me but I guess we will see

biker13

when it was 75 quota 36 showed up.Secret is get up there and stay there.People get antsy and start moving around.

mtstephens18

when it was 75 quota 36 showed up.Secret is get up there and stay there.People get antsy and start moving around.

We hunt deep. Away from everybody. I'm just imagining every state park I've been to with roads running all through it. I just figured it would be hard to get away from everybody

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
CB basically has one road running straight through it.

Chas

Crowded

It is extremely crowded and probably half the park you cant hunt, because they have it blocked off but it is a beautiful park and there are some good deer there, me and my buddy both got does last year but never saw a buck, have to shoot a doe before you can shoot a buck, Good Luck!

tonyrittenhouse

I have hunted it twice. The first time I got a doe and small buck. The second time I left after the 1st day. They increased the quota # and it was way to crowded . I had nothing but hunters all over me, even had one climb a tree 50 yards from me. It is a beautiful place but there is no way to get away from the crowd. As someone else said earlier seems like half of park is safety zone and off limits. There is one paved road through the middle of park but they open the other dirt roads up for hunting. so that makes it hard to get away from people. Good Luck

hambone76

Killed two dandy bucks and three does in three hunts there. I spent a lot of time there during the first year that it was open the entire season. We go walk the trails in the off season. Learned a lot about that place. Ample road access makes it hard to "hunt deep". Most of the success there depends a lot on being in the right place at the right time. One year, every deer I passed on seemed to get shot by the next person down from me. It will be crowded in areas, but expect quite a few no-shows. Also, the earn a buck stipulation is usually on the first day only, not both days. Be sure to check the regs to find out.

hambone76

If you prefer to hunt deep, hunt on the East side as you enter the gate to the park.

triton63

You can look at the website and see the outline of the park. Then go to Google earth and you can figure out the area. I picked up a map at the welcome station at the park the last time I scouted it. Lots of pretty land. Rolling hills, river bottom and some real briar thickets in the pines.