TBG State Shoot

Todd Cook

We're getting close once again to our annual state shoot. We'll be back at the Rock Ranch this year on some familiar land with some new twists. I'll plan to be there early on the 18th to get the course set up, and any help is always appreciated. Registration/ shooting will begin 8:00 am on the 19th. We'll have 40 target set up, 10/8/5 scoring, with a 20 target championship round on Sun. morning. Fri night we'll have a coon shoot after it gets dark. Those are always fun; we shoot at glow rings in the dark for a cash payback. On Saturday, we'll have the 40 targets of course, and we'll also have a seminar at 2:00 by Robert Carter about Ga. public land hunting. We'll also have an Eagle Eye competition during the day Sat. That will be a long distance target with a tiny bullseye. Big Jim will be back with all his goods. Camping is free, as is our potluck supper Sat. night. I can't wait!

Attachments

• 2016 Flyer.jpg
    2016 Flyer.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 486

Barry Duggan

Glad to see Big Jim is going to be there again. We need to make it worth his time and effort.
Gonna be fun.

dpoole

Glad to see Big Jim is going to be there again. We need to make it worth his time and effort.
Gonna be fun.

I bet Big Blem is looking forward to seeing you also :stir:

dpoole

bump

mudcreek

I am bringing an API grand slam deluxe climber. I have used it about 5 times. I do believe my climbing days are over.

Jake Allen

Attachments

• Schedule of Events.jpg
    Schedule of Events.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 411

Jake Allen

Attached is a pic of how to score and our 2016 Rules for the Shoot including which stakes each class will be shooting from.

Attachments

• Scoring.jpg
    Scoring.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 382
  • General Rules.jpg
    General Rules.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 379

Al33

Hate I'm going to miss this shoot and all the fellowship but I will be taking my 11 year old granddaughter on her first ever turkey hunt. The DNR has dedicated this coming weekend a child's hunt and Jacey wants to go. :) I just got back from setting up a blind in a promising area.
I hope all of you that get to participate in the shoot have a grand time and come home with at least all the arrows you go with. :)

mudcreek

We gonna hate to miss you. This will be my first Archery thing since they put ace hardware in my back. I can't wait. Really.

Jake Allen

We will be headed down tomorrow am to get this deal set up and started.
Camping is free and we will be there from Friday to Sunday.
There will be a coon shoot tomorrow evening starting about the time it gets good and dark.
Ya'll come!

dpoole

Be there some time Friday.Hope to get there by noon. Dont get off work till 2 am friday. Got to get me some sleep sometime.