Come shoot up to 2400yds!

alex 4922

Any slots left Shep?

A Alexander

cmshoot

abrannon, the bench sounds like it will fit, but I'm hesitant to say "OK" without seeing it. I don't wanna say you're GTG and then when you show up with it I say "No".

alex, I've got a few slots left.

abrannon

No problem. It would probably be a big hassle to move in and off the line as well. Thanks for following up with me on this.

WranglerSS

We are getting closer to the shoot and I have a couple of questions.
1. We will be bringing the RV for the weekend. Do we just show up and find a place to park and set up?
2. Are there power outlets to plug into? My RV has a generator if not.

cmshoot

I have no idea if there are RV hookups, or even a place on the property where they will allow an RV to park overnight. Here is the address and contact information for AIM, give them a holler and find out.

American International Marksmanship Academy, LLC
200 Sherman Road
Blakely, GA 39823
(229) 724-4485

SmokyMtnSmoke

I'm very much looking forward to this. Do you have a schedule that you'll be sending us?

WranglerSS

I have no idea if there are RV hookups, or even a place on the property where they will allow an RV to park overnight. Here is the address and contact information for AIM, give them a holler and find out.

American International Marksmanship Academy, LLC
200 Sherman Road
Blakely, GA 39823
(229) 724-4485
I will call them tomorrow to see. I guess this didn't pan out from an earlier post.
"4. Motor home sites will be available by March, as well as on-site accommodations. There is a Day's Inn in Blakely, about 3 miles from the facility."

cmshoot

Mandatory safety brief both mornings at 0800hrs. We will go "Hot" immediately afterwards. We will shoot until approximately 1700hrs each day.

WranglerSS

Called today and we are all set for parking the RV. No hook-ups but I'm self contained anyway. See y'all there next weekend.

blakely

If a full-hookup camping site is required, Kolomoki Mounds State Park is nearby and has campsites. The park usually has open sites, since it is not on a lake or other major attraction.

The park office number is: (229) 724-2150

cmshoot

For all attendees (whether you are shooting or not):

We will be shooting on the Unknown Distance Range. There will be a mandatory safety meeting on the range each morning at 0800hrs. If you end up running late, you must get with me in person and get cleared to shoot.

I'll post more info tomorrow.

cmshoot

A few folks mentioned possibly bringing one, not sure if they will or not. I know of 1 guy bringing an iron-sighted M1 Garand to run it out to 1k.

cmshoot

We had a great time, lots o' good shootin'.

I spotted for my buddy and got him out to 1400yds with his .308, which was as far as he tried to go. I ran my .308 out to 1600yds. Jered Joplin and some guys from APA were present and ran one of their custom rifles in 7mm XCR out to almost 1900yds.

I ran an iron-sighted M44 carbine out to 450yds with outstanding success from a low kneeling position, then went prone and ran it out to about 600yds. My brother ran his open-sghted M1 Garand out to around 800yds or so........I'll get the particulars from him on that one, I wasn't spotting for him when he did it. Another buddy of mine had a Springfield 1903A4 with a repro 4x scope and 3 of us took turns running it out to 800yds. My buddy's wife ran her custom Savage in .260 Remington out to 1600yds.

American International Marksmanship Academy is an spectacular facility, I've got nothing but fabulous things to say about it. If you ever get a chance to visit, do it.

We'll be doing the next event in early November.....I'm just waiting for the CEO, Marc Masoner, to give me a holler and confirm the exact date.

Joe_Atlanta

Sounds like big fun. I really wanted to make this one, but was scheduled for work. Please post fall dates when you get them, hopefully I can juggle work to be off.

BManga

Yes they have a great facility there!

We had a blast! We took our .308 out to 1000 yards and didn't try any further. The boy took his 22LR out to 400 yards, LOL! We took WranglerSS's 50 cal out to 1700 yards.

Good times were had. Only complaint was the nats. Next time we're bringing the bananas to smear on ya shep! ;) LOL!

WranglerSS

We also had a blast this weekend. One thing I learned was I need more elevation adjustment for shots past 1000yds.

Looking forward to November to do it again.