tech-unc

TurkeyCreek

pitiful performance....got to put this one behind us and get ready for miami in 2 weeks.. :banginghe :mad:

Arrow3

Dont feel too bad...We didnt play much better..We got win but we dont act like the #3 team in the nation

Double D

Jeckyl & Hyde

Thought we might be able to make it this year without the good week-bad week team but guess not just yet.

Sounds like Reggie had a bad game - didn't hear all of it but what I did hear was disappointing. :mad:

Go Jackets and get if figured out for the Canes!

Ga-Spur

It's a mental thing. Sometimes they read the newspaper too much about how good they are.

Jody Hawk

Good post GTBuzz. Up until now I was all for Chan but I am beginning to wonder if he is the man for Georgia Tech. Here we were 2-0 playing against the worst team in the league and the biggest game of the year coming up and we get beat. I am disgusted with them right now !!!!!!!

Double D

Chan the Man?

First, let me say I think Chan is a first-class guy - much like Mark Richt

However, not sure if he motivates the players the way they need to be or our players aren't mature enough to handle a big win. Don't know if this is coming from pro's to college or what but as others have said - it sure looks like our guys were unprepared.

I think UNC exposed a big weakness on "D" - our inexperienced linebackers and running defense. Several offensive linemen were out with injuries. UNC coaches were fighting for their lives ..... That's all the excuses I can come up with but none means as much as we got it handed to us yesterday by a much weaker team and that concerns me! Why can't our guys want it as bad as their guys???

Go Jackets Always!!

reylamb

I figured Tech was do for a let down after that emotional game last week. I ddi not think it would be that big of a downer.

On a side note, Clemson gets throttled by Texas A&M???????? We can not stop the run, we have not defense. This team was not prepared to play this game. Also, what exactly is with choosing a hotel 1.5 hours from the stadium, talk about bad preperation. Can I please find a receiver that can catch a ball that hits him in his hands?

Once again, Clemson, please fire Tommy Bowdumb.

ramblinrack

we lost, pure and simple to a team we should have beaten. hang in there fellers...better days are coming. tech had won six in a row over the heels and they were due to lose. any long time fan will tell you that tech is a poor road favorite and an excellent home underdog. yall will probably think i've lost touch with reality but...i fully expect them to give miami all they want. i'll be there as i always am and i fully expect to leave my voice at the stadium....AS USUAL! who's in? btw, any of yall are always welcome to drop by my tailgate on the first street north of the varsity on the lil street that leads to the tunnel under the expressway. drop by and have a cold one sometime. i'm at every home game. see yall there! black ext cab gmc z-71.

TurkeyCreek

it would not surprise me at all for us to give Miami a good game. we have the potential to do so i think.

i think that Chan is a class guy and really knows his football. i just wonder some times about his discipline with the team. that is one thing we never had to wonder about with O'Leary.

SlipperyHill Mo

Don't Know What to Say!

Listened to most of the game and was very disappointed. POenalties and a few calls hurt some but Tech did not deserve to win. They played poorly. I thought we had some soert of defense, now I am not sure. NC's offense was definitely pretty good, but their defense could not stop anybody.....they stopped us when they needed too.

As I told some people before the season, .500 would be a good year. I am still the eternal optimist though.

gobblinglawyer

GT Buzz,
I agree with your thoughts about Coach Gailey. I thought he would have better control over his GT Team.

After the BIG come from behind win against Clemson last week Gailey did NOT have the team ready to play this week...and against an inferior opponent, too. The blame for letting the team "rest on their laurels" after a big win and try to coast into the next game has to fall squarely on Gailey's shoulders.

In fact, watching the Tech game this week reminded me of 1997 when GA nocked off Florida only to loose to a very POOR Auburn team the following week. No doubt it was squarely Donnan's fault and we all know about his lack of control over his team which led to his removal as HC.

Your thoughts?

Jody Hawk

GTBuzz,
I was high on Reggie at one time but here lately he hasn't shown me anything. We have another highly recruited qb (Patrick Carter) sitting on the bench who should be getting some playing time.

H

HT2

Tech - Unc......

I do believe that "TECH" just flat overlooked "UNC"......

They wuz thinkin' more about "MIAMI" than anything else.....

Chan needed to prepare them better..... :( :(

Double D

Hey Snit

What do you perceive as "unrestful"? ::huh:

I would think David Greene - DJ Shockley situation would be unrestful as well as the lack of offensive production....

Believe we just have some normal chattering about goings on down on The Flats but if it's unrest then better to be an unrested Yellow Jacket than a well-rested Bulldog anyday IMO :p

nchunter

it seems that we got lucky with yall ,unc got crushed by L'ville :confused: :confused: