Things happening early this year

Dennis

I've Been scouting this weekend and have found acorns falling in several places. There were both white and red oak's falling and i found one chestnut oak dropping hard. This is the earliest i have ever found acorns falling and also there are a lot of muscsdine's already ripe. Has anybody else noticed this.

BGBH

Dennis,been out in the woods the last 2 days & have seen several acerns on the ground.....the mast crop here looks to be heavier than it's been in a long time....13 days to go:banana:

ky_longbow

Mark just came back from checking cams and here there are no acorns on the ground......................so far

BGBH

Mark just came back from checking cams and here there are no acorns on the ground......................so far

That's cause all them deer ya have up there are eating up as fast as they hit the ground...we aint gotta nuff deer down here to eat em all up.....:D

Bubbaforsure

I've Been scouting this weekend and have found acorns falling in several places. There were both white and red oak's falling and i found one chestnut oak dropping hard. This is the earliest i have ever found acorns falling and also there are a lot of muscsdine's already ripe. Has anybody else noticed this.

I think we are gonna go from the heat of summer to winter in a blink of a eye!: :crazy:

Spiders have been making there webs, tree rats cutting like crazy, snakes on the move, dragon flies the size of B52 bombers flying everywhere......

It's a coming! :cheers:

longbowdave1

up here in the north i noticed some of the trees just starting to turn, mostly the birch, but some of the maples are also getting ready. i see my small apple tree out back has about two 5 gallon pails of apples ready for picking soon, they will go for the deer as a little gift from me to them! fall is my favorite time of the year by far! :yeah:

ky_longbow

That's cause all them deer ya have up there are eating up as fast as they hit the ground...we aint gotta nuff deer down here to eat em all up.....:D

Bro - you aint pulling my leg I KNOW exactly what kind of deer herd you have over there..........:whip:

SELFBOW

Forecast calls for high's in the 80's starting next weekend for us around Savannah. I am thinking this is the last week of heat for us...

bam_bam

Forecast calls for high's in the 80's starting next weekend for us around Savannah. I am thinking this is the last week of heat for us...

That would be nice, but I will belive it when I see it.

bownarrow

not only are some acorns falling but some of the oaks are losing a lot of leaves. probably cause ,until two days ago, we hadn't had any rain in over four weeks

dm/wolfskin

I've seen some white oak acorns in my yard but most of them are still green and fell from recent storms. I know oak trees will abort a lot of acorns before the rest of them reach maturity. A lot of green hickory nut are on the ground where I hunt for pigs. Squirrels are cutting them real good. Every hear a pig chopping down on hickory nuts? Loud. Mike

OconeeDan

Bownarrow, you must have been one of the few, most have had more rain than they want.

I, myself, am very tired of the hot weather and am looking forward to cooler weather. Dan

johnweaver

i found white oaks falling around rome, and muscadines, but none ripe